Thyroid UK

Wanted a specialist in Manchester

Hi I'm looking for a consultant in Manchester who specialises in thyroid disorders. I have been diagnosed and treated with Thyroxin for about 20 years but my symptoms have recently become more profound but my blood tests are within the appropriate levels so my GP is not offering me further treatment

I will pay to see a specialist but it will have to be without a referral from my GP.

Can anyone help


2 Replies

Most specialists need a referral letter. If someone knows of a person they will send you a private message as we don't post names on the open forum.

If you email she has a list of sympathetic doctors. Maybe some don't need a referral letter.

If you can get a print-out of your latest blood tests for the thyroid gland with the ranges (We are entitled to them). post them on a new question for comments from the members.


Thanks for your help. I will email Louise


You may also like...