Vitamin how much is safe?

Hi

I have been feeling so awful recently I upped my vitamins in particular Vitamin C from 1000 to 2000mg and iron from 20mg to 40mg and vitamin d from 4000iu to 8000iu.

I started supplementing because I was low in these a while ago vitamin d 26 (deficient < 25, insufficient 25-49, normal 50 - 200), ferritin 21ug ( 11 - 307) This was june 2013 and have not been tested since.

I have felt better since increasing these less fog and more energy, just wanted to check its safe at these levels.

I also take

Dhea 15mg

Vitamin E and selenium 200 ( 250 and 75mg)

B complex 50

Zinc 30mg

And Efra 1 and a 1/2 grains a day.

Anyone know if this is ok.

Thanks

Pip

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • All of that is fine, given how low your levels are. There's nothing unsafe about supplementing at those doses (Vit D toxicity is actually extremely rare - it's safe to take up to 10000iu a day, though most GPs don't know that). The only thing I would say is that 40mg iron seems a really low dose - what sort of iron are you taking?

• Thanks for your reply solar gental iron the 4G is elemental iron.

• If you were doing okay but now, quite suddenly, you aren't the problem is probably the Erfa - read this link for more info :

stopthethyroidmadness.com/2...

• Thanks for your reply but the batch I have had I have for a while so don't think it is the batch

• You can take Vit C of that amount &/or higher.

You should get Vit D tested, especially if you've been taking 8000 iu Vit D daily.

Your iron supplement although low is probably a highly absorbable form of iron, so you need an iron test.

You may also like...