Hey guys - my IBS flare up is still going on and ive been getting really stressed about it - which of course doesnt help - it also doesnt help when people keep saying - do think you have crohns?? So either way im going to see a specialist to just check and make sure this is my IBS, and not a parasite or something worse - cross your fingers!
On another note, i have had this happen before and i DID get better and I WANT TO BE POSITIVE so i thought id share what helped me before:
-Eating rice or crackers, or egg or porridge oats - this seem great for the stomach!
- Fybogel totally saved my life the last time, 1 sachet a day after breakfast or after the first meal of the day (or any meal if you forget, but morning is best) this stopped the awful urgency i had and i fully believe it saved me from many more months of IBS-D.
- Buscopan - to stop cramping and to take when eating dinner out to help with the anxiety as well - it helps everything flow nicely and if you feel safe when your eating this is an added bonus ans less anxiety!
- Bimuno travel aid - i took this while i travelled for an entire 3 months around asia and i full believe it helped me as i only had a stomach upset on 2 occasions! and i didnt even get my awful travel bloating - they do mother ones - i may try bimuno IBAD - so i highly recommend this
- Probiotics - I used to take them in the UK and whole travelling and i rarely had problems! So i am going to get these again and hope i see a positive change!
5htp - I also used to take this and will be getting again - this is a natural way to balance yourself out without taking antidepressants -defo look in to it first and see what you think and if you can take it along side any other meds - but it may help with anxiety etc!
- Mint tea / hot water / ginger tea - good for bloating! but avoid mint if your having diarrhoea.
I am sure you all knew a lot of these things but i thought it might help someone if you haven't!
Crossing my fingers we all feel better soon! x