Annoying legs

I first started having RLS as a teenager, I'm now in my 60s. When I was pregnant with my last child my ex husband came home on a break and found me punching my legs till they were black and blue. At 8 mths I couldn't sit down or lie down I just stood and knitted till early hours. My GP gave me tranxene ? They are no longer prescribed but oh they did the trick. The only thing on offer now is Parkinson's treatment I believe

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • glad i wasn't the only one that it was worse in pregnancy went into my arms too my doctors did nothing

• Hi Oxobean

Thank you for sharing.

Would you be so kind as to consider completing an RLS-UK online survey? The purpose of the survey is to gather information from women suffering from RLS during pregnancy (current or past pregnancies) that will help shape an intervention to reduce symptoms and improve quality of life during and after pregnancy.

The survey is anonymous.

rls-uk.org/news/pregnancy

Thanking you in anticipation.

• I've forwarded the survey to my daughter who had rls in third trimester. She found magnesium / water mix helped greatly. She never fully appreciated my situation until she experienced it for herself!

• Thank you, Madlegs. :)

• There are a number of drugs that can be used - rlshelp.org and rls-uk.org and this site has all the info on drugs you'll need!

You may also like...