Fourth day with no smoking

Hi
I'm on my fourth day of not smoking well it's been three days and 11hous according to my give up app on my phone.
I can't believe im doing it, am looking forward to seeing my skin and tastebuds come back to life aswell as the other benefits ... Has anyone else just stopped smoking like myself???? :)

Already a member? Log in

15 replies

Wonder
    Wonder

I have ... since the end of Feb ... and feel so much better about myself ... I still enjoy everything else in life .... and realise I never enjoyed smoking ... I just enjoyed the relief of the nicotine fix ...at 4 days you shoud not crave nicotine physically but you mentally still do ... if you start to wobble and feel like you are depriving yourself ... you are not. You have stopped and you have already made the right decision. You sound positive and it's a wonderful feeling being a non smoker ... well done .... :)

kittykat2881
    kittykat2881

Hi Wonder,
    Thanks for the comment, yes i am feeling positive.... i did actually think i wanted one this morning but then i sat and thought how i would feel and what would i do after i had one and it made me not wont one if that makes sense.
    I think you are the first person that has giving up that i have spoke to that sounds good about it. Others still think or crave it........
    How long did you smoke for?

Wonder
    Wonder

I smoked since i was 13. I'm now 41. I wasn't 20 a day or anything but had got up to about 60 a week .... so it was still a fag walking to work ... one at lunch time (2 if I was stressed) I just had to have one walking back to my car and then another when I got home ...one after dinner...one before a glass of wine .. one before bed ... and on a night out I would miss half the evening standing outside with the rest of the smokers and would think nothing smoking 20 on a night. You should feel positive. I feel about an inch taller ... no one can judge me or look down on me now. I actually pity other smokers and do not envy them as I secretly know they envy me (but they won't admit it). They are amazed that from day one of stopping I knew i'd cracked it. Don't feel doom or gloom ... you've made such a positive change .... and I'm so positive because I read a book called Allen Carr's Easyway to stop smoking. I cannot rave on enough about the method. This 2nd hand book cost me £2.50 off ebay and it is better than thinking you've managed another day smoke free....you stop smoking from finishing the book (reading it now you have stopped will still help as it will give you such a positive feeling to know you are already a non smoker). well done for stopping.

kittykat2881
    kittykat2881

i was the same as in the same smoking habits.....
    thanks for the book idea but i be honest just coming on here is helping, i went cold turkey and i think it was just the right time to quit. ( i started when i was 14 and i am 30 now)
    it does feel great dont it :)

EmJay
    EmJay Quit Support Advisor

Hey there! That is really sound advice Wonder and is so true. I've read the Allen Carr book myself, only because I have heard so many of our Clients talk about it and it really does echo the same kinds of messages that we try and get members to recognise and understand. The psychological part of stopping smoking is where most smokers are challenged and by planning and preparing for this will lead to success.

Kittykat2881, you are doing amazingly well, in my experience I have found that those who seem to miss smoking the most or the longest are those who have stopped for somebody else's reasons rather than their own, or those who stopped smoking without really preparing and thinking about it beforehand. That's why we try and encourage everyone to think ahead of their quit date, when possible. It is fantastic to be able to help somebody to stop smoking but even better if we can guide them to being totally free, this means not feeling as though they are missing out on something.

At the end of the day, you are stopping doing something that you no longer want to do anymore...

Well done to the both of you :0)

kittykat2881
    kittykat2881

Thanks emjay,Yes i have good reasons to give up and that is what is making it easier.
    I went for a run last night and felt great... think it brang on the cough that everyone has been talking about! :) not that i mind

EmJay

Wow, get you! Are you a runner or is this a new adventure? You're definately heading in the right direction to leading a smokefree lifestyle :-)

kittykat2881
    kittykat2881

new adventure......!!!!!!!!
    I am trying to start a cleaning company up aswell to help fill my mind and not think about cigarettes...
    So fingers crossed that goes as well as the not smoking x

EmJay

It's a fresh start all round then! Sometimes, if you want to change a few things in your life, you have to be willing to change a few things in your life... sounds like this is where you are at.

Positive thoughts, feeling and vibes being sent and I'm sure your cleaning company will be a great distraction. Plenty for you to be getting on with :-)

monky
    monky 4 WEEK WINNER

Hi KittyKat2881, my name is Pete, go for it gal, YOU KNOW you can do it, the comments from the other gals have been great!!!!!!!!!
    Just think positive about why you want to stop smoking, and the fantastic benifits of actualy being a NON smoker!!!!!!!

kittykat2881
    kittykat2881

Hi Pete,
    Thanks so much, I have just passed the first week stage... Im really pleased with myself... i have had a few cravings today but managed to get through it.... im treating my one week with a class of wine... :)

Wonder
    Wonder

as the time goes by and you get more happier with your decision to be smoke free .... you go out on an evening and have no need to nip out for a quick fix of nicotine ... then as you nip the loo you pass someone who's just nipped out for a fag .... and the stale smell is horrid .... I really pity my husband for putting up with stinky me for the past how many years. Good luck with your progress so far ... look forward to the many benefits of quitting that will be coming your way :)

monky
    monky 4 WEEK WINNER

Hi Wonder hope your ok gal, just to let you know I've ordered that book off ebay, should get it wednesday!! 2 days after my quit date but I thought it would be a good backup, just in case!!!!!!!!!!! £2.95 now but what the hec a pack of fags cost £6.00 now. Your husband must be a very loving man to put up with 'stinky you' for so long gal, I went to live with my Dad for a few months before he pastaway, and he used to tell me i stunk, even after I had had a shower, so I washed all of my cloathes, that was the easy bit, ironing them was a different matter ha ha but did it somehow.
    Thankyou very much for the advise and will let you know how I get on with the book, keep looking foreward gal your doing great.
    Pete :-)

Wonder
    Wonder

Thanks for letting me know Pete, good luck, and Kitty Kat hope you had a nice Saturday night smoke free :)

kittykat2881
    kittykat2881

Hi
    Everyone... yes i did Wonder... :) proud of myself..... i did stand out side wit them and make them blow the smoke my way though lol.
    How was everyones weekend?? smoke free i hopex

Already a member? Log in