Close call!

I work in a Social club, couple of days in the office, help in kitchen & do a bit of cleaning. Anyway, usually have Thursdays off but they asked me to help out at a funeral up there today, all was going well, but as i watched people going in & out to smoke the demon on my shoulder kept telling me how much i was missing being able to do that! I popped out the back & vaped like a mad woman & that held me for a while, but back it came again, it was so strong that i could hear myself telling my colleague that if i wanted one i would have one, as i didn't want to start getting stressed about it.

I left work, headed for the shop & bought crisps & chocolate but no fags :D, instead, when i got home i put 18mg nic in my vape & not the 9mg i'd been using the last couple of weeks. It hit the spot. I know that eventually i will have to reduce the nic, but for now I'm sticking with the 18mg if that's what it takes to keep off the fags :)

8 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done πŸ‘ hails for beating Mr Nic, keep it up and vape πŸ’¨ as much as you like

Karen xx

πŸš­πŸ‘πŸš­

• Oh Karen, why is it, that the things in life that do you good, are so bloody hard to stick too! :( xx

• I know exactly what you mean.... I'm trying to diet as well πŸ˜©πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ which is more off than on at the moment

Keep strong πŸ’ͺ🏻

Xx

• Dont think i could handle both! My daughter gave up about a year ago, (she still uses a vape) she has always struggled with her weight bless her, but since xmas she has been losing weight a little at a time but it's staying off now. Good luck with both Karen, not easy this healthy living malarkey lol xx

• Give me 🍫🍰πŸͺπŸ©πŸ§πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• I actually look pregnant! i've always been little 4ft 11" & 7 stone soaking wet, but in the last year my stomach decided to expand & added 9lb to my weight. That may not sound a lot to some people but it looks hideous on me :D It's an age thing, or so i tell myself, ive been on the change since i was 48 & i'll be 60 in June so it must be my hormones lol.....but hey ho another chocolate wont hurt :D :D xx

• Well done hails, that really tested you. You did the right thing using your vape. It doesnt matter how long it takes you, you will get there. :) xx

• This is the worst i've been Jilly, it's awful. The thing is, i don't want to smoke, i'm getting the nic from my vape so not craving nic, but the thought of having a fag has been with me constantly this afternoon!

I suppose after 45/6 years it has been such a big part of my life & i need time to adjust to the change.

I know that if it wasn't for this forum i would be chuffing away right now, so i thank you all for the inspirational posts & support :) xx

You may also like...