Good morning everyone,
Brrrrrrr its flippin cold here, am just wondering if some kind person would verify that it is May and not March and that I havnt jumped a few Months ahead in time
Cos you all know I've only got 1 brain cell, and well that gets a bit clogged up sometimes especially me being an old boy anall
Quitting smoking isnt an easy thing to do by far, and I'm sure all of you are aware of that but if you can say ''NO'', then maybe it will become a bit easier
Emjay posted this a few months ago, and well it might just help you
How hard is it to say 'No'?...
Posted by EmJay ROY CASTLE
Two little letters that make up a little word that can sometimes be very hard to say - "NO"
When stopping smoking, it's funny how by not using this word can have such an impact on our actions and leave us feeling as though we've let ourselves or others down, causing a feeling of guilt .... We really do pile ourselves with added pressure sometimes
By practising using this word in a positive way can only strengthen the ease of being able to use it when you need it most.
Whether you are saying it out aloud or thinking to yourself, how about trying to use the word 'NO' in some of the following ways?;
1. NO thank you, I don't smoke.
2. NO I don't want to smoke, I just think I do. This is only how I am feeling for now. This feeling will go away.
3. NO I don't want to be putting all these poisonous toxins into my body.
4. NO, this is my choice, and something that I feel very strongly about. I will not smoke.
5. NO, smoking really isn't for me.
6. I am going to say NO for now, I can always change my mind later.
Maybe you have some suggestions of other ways that you can build the word NO into your stopping smoking vocabulary.....
I hope you all have a lovely smokefree day