Chronic nerve pain caused by surgery

Hi Everyone I am new to this site. I have been suffering from chronic pelvic nerve pain since 2007 when I had a tvt mesh operation which caused permanent chronic nerve damage. I am taking a high dose of gabapentin daily which has caused a duodenal ulcer and I need to find a alternative to this medication. I am trying to find out if I can get a Botox injections for nerve pain on the NHS. Would anyone be able to recommend a pain consultant who does Botox on the NHS.

3 Replies

  • Hi Homerfield, I can't help with your query but welcome to the site! I'm sure someone will be able to help you out soon.

  • Hi it sounds like you know what you need I hope you find it, I haven't anything helpful info wise, just wish you all the best.

  • This may not be helpful, but if gabapentin reduces symptoms it can be administered through an intrathecal device which bypasses the gut. Any medical readers please correct me if I have this wrong.

You may also like...