Hi I am new here and just been diagnosed with PsA.
I am just waiting to start my methotrexate medication, but consultant wanted me t have the pneumonia jab first, while i was having blood tests and chest xray.
I contacted my GP and was bluntly told that they was no way of getting the jab they did not have any in.
So I booked one through Boots which i was told only covers 13 strains of pneumonia and the one the GP can get hold of covers 23 strains. Pharmacist confirmed with GP they could not obtain a vaccine and then gave me the one they stocked at a cost of £70.
Has anyone else found this to be an issue? where the GP say no we cant get them but not sure if they even try getting them?