No Smoking Day
2,847 members31,491 posts

7 weeks!

Hello! It's 7 weeks today without a cigarette. 42 years of smoking, 1 and a half pack a day, sometimes more. So hard yesterday!

Then, I thought I would be feeling extremely energetic, like people say; well, I'm not... I am also experiencing a lot of throat clearing, which is very uncomfortable, and not very nice. I have a radio programme and you should hear my voice -- a bit like a crow...

Not to mention writing poetry -- impossible, not a line, nothing!

I am resisting, though, waiting for better times.

Thanks again for this space!!! It has been very, very important!

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Great work anaamaral! 😀

2 likes

Keep going! You’ve got this, fight hard you’ll be so proud of yourself! All of the rest will come 💛

2 likes

Well done anaamaral , you are doing great. I promise better, healthier and happier times are ahead. The clearing of your throat is your lungs and hair cilia repairing and regrowing. Raw honey in the morning and night will help with this. Maybe a trip to your local health food shop for some herbal supplements might be worthwhile to get your energy levels up. Lots and lots of water and fresh fruit and vegetables too

Thank you, Roisin! Thank you!

Sounds like you are doing fine to me. You're getting there one day at a time is how everyone begins with their quit.. everyone hits their corner at different distances.

I'd say before you know it... the poetry will be flowing again, without any ciggy smell on poetry paper😬🔨

🚭🔠 Jeff

7 weeks ..... good for you

Thank you Jeff, for your words!

Please keep going and well done! xx

1 like

Last night felt bummed out , flat and so low . Really , really wanted a fag and I’m 10 weeks smoke free ! Yes - so hard . But woke to another day and felt ok - not brilliant , but ok . It’s enough , hey .

2 likes

You're right! Thank you for reminding me that life is -- life!

Fantastic job! Congrats. You were a long time smoker, like me, so I know how hard this must be for you. Keep it up.

Thank you, bjay22. It is very hard, yes. I'm glad you understand! But it's worth, isn't it?

All the best!

Yes, it sure is.

Well done anaamaral your like myself a long time smoker I'm 15wks in now and doing not bad still thinking of the cigs at night but never gave in hang on in there good things will come x

You may also like...