1 year down - hopefully many more to go!

One year ago today I stopped smoking cigarettes. It has not always been easy but is the most worthwhile thing I have ever done. And as many addicts on here have claimed - like them I was a full on - light up before the kettle first boils- sort of smoker since my teens. 30 odd years later before I saw sense!! Wish I had done it years ago but better late than never. The sense of liberation is still incredible even after a year. Cheers to all on their journey - keep going - it only gets easier.

Doug

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Doug, what a massive achievement, you must be very proud :D

• Well done Doug,

I bet you're grinning like a Cheshire cat aren't you? You should be so proud of yourself. I hope you're celebrating in style! :D

Molly x

• Well done Douglas and welcome to the Penthouse - feels good doesn't it?

• Great work Doug! Many congratulations.

• Congratulations

Congratulations Doug - I love to hear the success stories. Welcome to the Penthouse.:)

• One year ago today I stopped smoking cigarettes. It has not always been easy but is the most worthwhile thing I have ever done. And as many addicts on here have claimed - like them I was a full on - light up before the kettle first boils- sort of smoker since my teens. 30 odd years later before I saw sense!! Wish I had done it years ago but better late than never. The sense of liberation is still incredible even after a year. Cheers to all on their journey - keep going - it only gets easier.

Doug

Wow, congratulations Doug :D

Definitely better late than never and it's great to see how happy it has made you!! Looking forward to being where you are soon :)

• Doug,

Just adding my congratulations to your achievement. It s indeed only when you sit down to consider what you have achieved and the freedom it affords you that the total awesomeness of it is revealed (that is awesome in the true sense and not like my 11 year old says about everything)

Well done Doug.

Paul

• Doug - terrific achievement!

The best kept secret about the Penthouse is that there is room for EVERYONE. There's so much to do here - and all of it deliciously smoke free.

Don't forget to come back to post now and then to continue inspiring our future roommates. :)

• Well done Doug!!!

Alex.

• Ditto, ditto and ditto, congratulations Doug - great achievment!!

• 1 year down. Now do another and you'll be even more awesome

M:)

• :D:D:D

Way to go hun

so happy to see you here :)

so a

BIG WELL DONE TO YOU DOUG

• Hats off to you Doug !Well done !

You may also like...