Trying to stop for longer than 2 weeks!

This will be the first time I have ever become so disgusted by my smoking that I have decided I want it to be something that I did in the past. I've recently started to feel it slowing me down and causing a constant feeling of guilt that I'm going for it.

I thought I would sign up here for the camaraderie and advice from the those that have done it. I have tried before, but always with the thought in mind that I could always enjoy the odd one here and there if I wasn't smoking 20 a day. Now I want to stop thinking about smoking, I want it out of my sphere of thought completely.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well said!

You have come to the right place! There is a wealth of advice and support, good luck!

• Welcome Rev....it's all here for you if you want it, this forum's got me to 16 months' worth of not smoking so far, so there are those on here that are proof positive that this forum helps, to say the least :)

• Hi and welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place, everyone on here has helped me so much through my quit. :)

• Day 1 is nearly over, I'm in bed about to sleep and it wasn't too bad (I've done this bit before (but not for at least one year)), I struggled to concentrate a bit, drank a fair few coffees and feel like I've been trying to cough up my lungs all day.

This might be a daft question, but how does everyone on here help each other out exactly? I suppose I'm asking for some help getting some help. Sorry.

• I forgot to say thank you to everyone for all the kind replies. I really appreciate it.

• Well done on making the decision to stop. You will get all the support you could ever need from the wonderful people on this site.

Lillie x

You may also like...