44 days & step down on patches

Hi Everyone,

Today I step down on my patches :D

To be honest, because I am off from work at the mo I have not put my patch on till late in the morning & then take it off in the evening in the hope of getting some sleep LOL so have not been wearing it very much anyway.

I sometimes think about not bothering at all but stopped my patches early on my last proper quit & ended up smoking again after 3 months. I am not saying it was because of that at all but going to use them for the full 3 months this time just to make sure.

I am also using lozenges so will be using a lower strength to wean myself of those to coincide with stopping the patches.

Hope everyone is well & happy in their quits ;)

Gaynor

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi gaynor going good xx 44 days well done you xx good luck with reducing patch strength xx xx

A big well done my matey xxx :)

• Well done.

I'm sure you will be fine with the drop down in patches.;)

• Thanks KK & Wendy,

Don't feel any different I must say so pleased about that :D

G x

• Go lady go :)

Hi Gaynor

You are doing fab and I know you will fine.

Staying strong together

• Hi Everyone,

Today I step down on my patches :D

To be honest, because I am off from work at the mo I have not put my patch on till late in the morning & then take it off in the evening in the hope of getting some sleep LOL so have not been wearing it very much anyway.

I sometimes think about not bothering at all but stopped my patches early on my last proper quit & ended up smoking again after 3 months. I am not saying it was because of that at all but going to use them for the full 3 months this time just to make sure.

I am also using lozenges so will be using a lower strength to wean myself of those to coincide with stopping the patches.

Hope everyone is well & happy in their quits ;)

Gaynor

Hi Gaynor

go for it hun .... do what you feel comfy doing can only be the right thing for you ....:)

• You are doing well so am sure this step down will be cool. I ditched the patches after a few weeks as I was fed up with them but they were never far away in case I was tempted. After a few more weeks I reckoned I could trust myself so I gave the rest of them away.

But am always aware of the demons. Loads of folks have told me they stopped smoking and started again after a few months but I've stopped thinking of myself as an ex-smoker or choosing not to smoke today instead just saying I don't smoke.

Maybe you really have to want it, combined with some really good support (this forum) and NRT if needed to succeed.

Best of luck...

• well done Gaynor, hope all goes well i'm sure it will:)

Jan

• Thank you Steph, Bradders, TC, Chrissie & Burney,

Day 46 today. Have to say the '40' days are going much quicker than the '30' days. They REALLY did drag LOL.

Stepping down on patches has been fine, no physical symptoms as such. Have been a bit grumpy but that may just be me :eek:

Hope everyone is ok & enjoying the beautiful weather today :D

Gaynor x

• Good to read! glad you are finding it manageable with the step-downs.. i was a bit moody when I did, so your on the road to success here.

Well done :)

• Thanks Jase,

I am putting the 'moodies' down to being a woman LOL but must admit they do subside once i have put the patch on :rolleyes:

Never mind, another 3 weeks on this strength then down to the final step :D

G x

• Well done Gaynor, you are a winner this time.

Jackie

• Hey Gaynor

50 days for you on monday then :cool:

How about a Pamper Party We never got round to it last year in the end

Male grooming too so nobody left out - maybe KK will give Davo a virtual SB and C

Would you like that Gaynor? nails, massage, bit of waxing. facials and maybe some chillax music

So proud of you mate xxx

Thanks Chrissie & sounds like a plan to me :D

Davo may just have something to say about that though me thinks ;)

Will be my last day at home before returning to work so would help take my mind of it :D

G xx

• Well done Gaynor, you are a winner this time.

Jackie

Thanks Jackie, far better than a national winner this I think (plus I always lose on that LOL).

G xx

You may also like...