OK, I'm here!

so, day 2 begins -

This morning i woke up to find that there wasn't a small elephant sitting on my chest like normal :D

I jump out of bed with the alarm clock ring, switch it off and yawn..... (a full yawn and stretch!) NOT a half stifled yawn to stop the pain in my chest gripping me. :D

So here i am sitting at my pc (same routine as normal minus the ciggys)

but things i have noticed - stuff smells!

not all bad mind, but wow! 24 hrs really make that much of a difference!

no morning chest pain, i can smell things and god yes i do have a craving right now!

But i haven't taken my niquitin mini yet! ;) seeing how long i can go without one lol

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi :)

YES things do smell lol. i've been thinking the exact same thing, give it a week and we'll be going upto everyone and everything commenting on smell.

Are you still coughing up in the morning?

• congrats!!! day 2 - i'm here wooohoooooo!!!! must get to work :D so positive, hope it lasts!! x

• Hi :)

YES things do smell lol. i've been thinking the exact same thing, give it a week and we'll be going upto everyone and everything commenting on smell.

Are you still coughing up in the morning?

Never been one to do a lot of coughing (unless i get a cold then I'm non-stop) though i do see to do a heck of a lot of throat clearing though :(

Not so much this morning!

anyway - on with the day !

• Gratz on making it to day two, just keep doing what you did yesterday to stop yourself smoking and it's all good.

I know it's not easy but it is achievable, best of luck.

• so, day 2 begins -

This morning i woke up to find that there wasn't a small elephant sitting on my chest like normal :D

I jump out of bed with the alarm clock ring, switch it off and yawn..... (a full yawn and stretch!) NOT a half stifled yawn to stop the pain in my chest gripping me. :D

So here i am sitting at my pc (same routine as normal minus the ciggys)

but things i have noticed - stuff smells!

not all bad mind, but wow! 24 hrs really make that much of a difference!

no morning chest pain, i can smell things and god yes i do have a craving right now!

But i haven't taken my niquitin mini yet! ;) seeing how long i can go without one lol

Hi Andy, seeing the benefits already, that is wonderful.

It is said that craves only last a max of 3 mins, it may seem like longer :eek: but it is only 3 mins, so distract yourself, post on here, make a cuppa whatever works for you, and it will pass.

• feeling pleased

Ohhhh big craving - off to put the kettle on :) take my mind off it hopefully!

• same here, no chest pains this morning woo-hoo!!

Amazing what a difference 24 hours makes isn't it?:)

• Aye - no chest pain first thing! - though my chest muscles ache from the gym yesterday so i was a little confused earlier lol!

• Hi Andy, welcome to day 2 mate!

• TY - nice to be here! am off to the gym in a mo (test out these marginally clearer lungs lol)

• TY - nice to be here! am off to the gym in a mo (test out these marginally clearer lungs lol)

YAY go to the gym, you'll feel loads better, i'm sure exercise kills off the evil nicotine. Have a real good sweat and open those lungs!

Good luck ;)

• I CANNOT believe the difference 24 hours of not smoking makes!

WOW!:D

• And it just gets better!! Well done on you for day 2. Positive Mental Attitude is half the battle!

You may also like...