Its my Quit Day

Hi guys,

I thought I would just post back on Day 1 again as its my Quit Day and I am feeling good so far. This morning was a breeze, however I kept thinking about ciggies during my Tea Break, but I wasn't really tempted at all.

All I can say I love Champix .. I have never felt so confident about quitting in my life.. I really really hope this confidence continues :p:

18 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good luck and here's to the first day of many smoke free days. :)

• What time do you call this, I was worried!! Glad it's going well and I'm loving the positive attitude. Let us know how you do as I think the first few days are hard and we are here to support you.

Good luck, buy lollipops!

• Hi, Great work and great positive attitude. You've got Champix bang-on. It does help with the cravings, but not with the thinking about cigarettes! That's normal, you've been doing this for years. You're just going through a period of breaking the habit and learning new routines. The thinking about cigarettes lasted constantly for about two weeks with me before I noticed I was going for hours and hours without giving them a thought. It wasn't as if I craved a cigarette, more like I thought I should be having one.

Well done

Sue

• Good luck and here's to the first day of many smoke free days. :)

What time do you call this, I was worried!! Glad it's going well and I'm loving the positive attitude. Let us know how you do as I think the first few days are hard and we are here to support you.

Good luck, buy lollipops!

Hi, Great work and great positive attitude. You've got Champix bang-on. It does help with the cravings, but not with the thinking about cigarettes! That's normal, you've been doing this for years. You're just going through a period of breaking the habit and learning new routines. The thinking about cigarettes lasted constantly for about two weeks with me before I noticed I was going for hours and hours without giving them a thought. It wasn't as if I craved a cigarette, more like I thought I should be having one.

Well done

Sue

Thanks guys, you are all great :) Sorry Christine for the delay in coming on, I was going to post this morning when I got up, but I thought posting at 6am was a bit premature haha

Sue you've hit the nail on the head, it wasn't a craving, but just a thought about having one, like I am having now as its my lunch break!! :eek:

• Hi

Good Luck the Octo's are right behind you (in a slightly in front of you sort of way ...if you get my drift lol)

• Hi

Good Luck the Octo's are right behind you (in a slightly in front of you sort of way ...if you get my drift lol)

Haha thanks Jack I appreciate it :)

• Hi Mich :D

Well done at the start of your quit just take it a day at a time those little steps all count and befire you know it you'll be counting weeks and then months

Love

Marg xx

• Best of luck!!

• All I can say I love Champix .. I have never felt so confident about quitting in my life.. I really really hope this confidence continues :p:

You're spot on there Michelle, I love Champix too!!

I'm on Day 11 and still feel confident about this, which I never have before. Just think, today is the first day of the rest of your life...as a non-smoker. How good does that feel.

L:)

• Good luck :) Thinking about them will soon pass and you will be at a week before you know it! :D

• Thank you so much guys, this afternoon have proved harder. I can't stop thinking about the ciggies now, but its ok .. i will get through this ..

• You are doing really well. Personally I found day 2 my hardest day so just be prepared for days 2-4 and then it will get better I promise. Keep busy.

xx

• Hi Michelle and well done for getting to day 1. Not long to go now and then it will be over and you will NEVER have to do day one again.

Take it a day at a time.

Stay strong....xx

• hey mate keep It up

Join the november quiters group De novo , we got a good team.

• Sound advice from Alx13 - join the group, I'm part of Octoquits, 30 strangers who just want each of us to succeed - how can we fail?

• Well done on Day One. Remember, the feelings you're feeling for cigarettes are not real cravings, Champix takes care of that. But you've still got some hard work to do in breaking the habit and association. It takes time but it does get easier.

Sign up with the Novo group, they'll be great help and you'll all be going through it together. And let us know how you keep getting on.

Sue

• Good luck Michelle and all

I just quit last night after reading Easyway ...it makes so much

sense...gl to all :D

• Hey Michelle

Keep it up its the best decision you ever made hun.

Im a champix baby too lol its great tho it wont deal with the habit just the physical cravings however it is a godsend :P

Keep using the forum its the best motivational tool around, always be someone here when you need a kick in the arse lol

Good luck hun xx

You may also like...