Its my third Try (I did Quit for 7 mnths)

Hi guys (you are rly Pushing me forward)

I can easily Quit smoking But the real Hard thing is WORK MATES and My brother and My father they all smokers especially my Work mate he is a smoking machine we are in the same room i think i smoke negatively about 4 cigarettes a day :mad::mad:

i Did Quit from 8/2009 (Using minimizing cigarettes count per day and i never bought a package since 8/09 i just take from guys all around except yesterday )

But How can i manage all around me and I'm a little shy from him to tell him How can i Do this Please advise:(:( Thanks in advance

married and a have a small girl (8mnth)

work:as a Computer Tech support

i did take a few cigarettes last 5 days..( 4 cig per day i think)

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Be Forceful

Insist on a smoke-free workplace.

Smoking in the work place is like peeing in a public swimming pool, spitting in a public drinking fountain, or passing gas in an elevator. It isn't a nice thing share.

robW

Quit Method: Cold Turkey

Quit Date 20/27? October 2007 (forgot exact date)

If I can do it, so can you.

• god help me on this

but anyway its a human culture that u cant tell him + he must learn :(:(

i wish tobacco companies Just burn like there cigarettes :mad::mad:

thank u robw

• Hi guys (you are rly Pushing me forward)

I can easily Quit smoking But the real Hard thing is WORK MATES and My brother and My father they all smokers especially my Work mate he is a smoking machine we are in the same room i think i smoke negatively about 4 cigarettes a day :mad::mad:

i Did Quit from 8/2009 (Using minimizing cigarettes count per day and i never bought a package since 8/09 i just take from guys all around except yesterday )

But How can i manage all around me and I'm a little shy from him to tell him How can i Do this Please advise:(:( Thanks in advance

Take courage henagadro,

All over the world, countries are finally realising that smoking in public places is harmful to all employess and non-smokers. I imagine that there is a tobacco control community in Egypt who can support you and provide evidence for you to show your employer.

Perhaps take your break in a different room or go for a walk away from the smoke.

Best wishes

NSD

• Hi guys (you are rly Pushing me forward)

married and a have a small girl (8mnth)

work:as a Computer Tech support

i did take a few cigarettes last 5 days..( 4 cig per day i think)

hi hemagadro

Can you not speak to your boss and explain that you are suffering ill health with your work mate smoking heavily around you ? ..... can you at least get out of that room and work in another ...... feel sorry for you as i wouldn't like to go through that but you must talk with your boss in the very least .Good Luck Hemagadro

• thx Guyz im really appreciate your effort walking away while my mate is smoking

is a good idea But if this happened i will be out the room the whole day :D

My boss is a smoker too! he will say he is gonna see this and Nothing even will happen they think that i'm complaining from nothing really important :(:(

i got a solution is really silnce and good i will get a mask just when my mate smokes i will wear it and will not talk to him i think its gonna be rude but what else i can do i don't wanna get back to smoke just for seeing my mate Smokes (i think its called social smoking):o

• thx Guyz im really appreciate your effort walking away while my mate is smoking

is a good idea But if this happened i will be out the room the whole day :D

My boss is a smoker too! he will say he is gonna see this and Nothing even will happen they think that i'm complaining from nothing really important :(:(

i got a solution is really silnce and good i will get a mask just when my mate smokes i will wear it and will not talk to him i think its gonna be rude but what else i can do i don't wanna get back to smoke just for seeing my mate Smokes (i think its called social smoking):o

more like anti social Hemagdro....sorry where is it you live Hemagadro ?

• i live in Cairo -----> Egypt

the problem i cant tell him to smoke away cause i'm new at this work place and he was already been smoking in this room about 8 years now it will be odd i think and he is the IT team section Head i think it will take a while to tell him that (Thanks for ur effort its may be help to what in my situation too:) )

You may also like...