No Smoking Day
2,631 members31,355 posts

Day 6

I feel fantastic.

Yesterday I cleaned the inside of my car to detox it of all that mingin smell of stale tobacco, not once did I crave a cigarette - In fact I only felt anger that I have left it so long since I last quit to try again.

My challenges coming up:

* Reduce the amount I'm eating to a sensible level, I've read that grazing on healthy food every 3 hours is the best way to stabilise after quitting smoking.

* Plan a new excercise regime to burn off some of my recent calorie load

Any one fancy a challenge, a quit smoking and lose weight challenge?, could perhaps start a team challenge. I think weight is one of the biggest issues facing new quitters, I'm out to prove that you can quit and maintain or lose weight.

I hope every one's quit is going really well, and if today is your day 1 good luck, it gets a lot easier as each day progresses, just take baby steps.

Natallie. x

I have been quit for 5 Days, 19 minutes and 24 seconds (5 days). I have saved £21.15 by not smoking 100 cigarettes. I have saved 8 hours and 20 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 15/04/2009 00:30

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Natallie, you are sounding great!! Great job you, almost a whole week! Glad you didn't crave while cleaning your smokey car.....:D mine still smells a bit funky especially now that the car heats up a bit in the sun...... yuck :eek: Gaining weight..... happens to most of us but I wouldn't even worry about it that first month (unless of course your quit is an easy one and you want to worry about something else).... my pants are still tight and I am slowly cutting down on gummy bear and chocolate consumption..... but I am trying not to freak out and take it easy.... don't want to add to stress and weight loss is usually a touchy subject with girls...... I think the first months this shouldn't even come up!! Good going you and do not worry about a bit of weight.... in the scheme of things it is not a big deal.

Day 6!

Great work, keep it up.

Hi Natalie :D

You're doing really well just hang in there Big Hug

Love

Marg xxxxxx

Hi Natalie,

Well done on reaching day 6, thats fantastic!

Your sounding really positive which is great.

Keep it up

Lottie -x-

Well done

doing well keep it up

Day 6 is fantastic! I am not gaining too much weight myself to be fair! Just the odd easter egg bulge!

Each free smoke day is a great day

way to go> ITS DAY 6 FOR ME ALSO. Had a bad day yesterday but you can get through it. I find each day seems to be getting better. Hang in there.

You may also like...