week 3

Hi everyone cant believe its 3 weeks i thought it was only 2 weeks (must be the amount of painkillers i'm on ).I feel really positive and when i had my pre-op last week she asked if i smoked and i said no it felt great, i had to have an ECG which was perfect and my blood pressure was that of a 20 yr old (i'm 33yrs old)i am still terrified of the operation and have severe pain but having a cigarette isnt going to change any of that .hope everyone is ok claire x

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done its great to see you doing so well.

Good luck with the operation,

All the best

Nic

• i am still terrified of the operation and have severe pain but having a cigarette isnt going to change any of that .

Quoted for truth...

Well done Claire - I wish you all the best for the operation, and as for the not smoking bit - it seems like you already have your head in the right place.

The only things to remember are...

1) Why people smoke (I'll give you a clue, it isn't enjoyment or to relax or to concentrate).

2) That cigarettes do nothing for you. I don't mean that the disadvantages outweigh the advantages... there are NO advantages (Unless of course you enjoy paying a fortune to poison yourself and feel like a social leper).

Well done again.

• Thanks the support really helps especially when i'm so down at the moment and can't do anything other than sit for short periods of time at computer ( one of the things i'm not allowed to do is sit impossible !!!)or lie in bed claire x

• Well done Clair

Also my thoughts are with you for you op. xxxxx

You may also like...