Who'd have thought..... stir fried cabbage and mussels!

Who'd have thought..... stir fried cabbage and mussels!

So in my bid to avoid bread consumption, sought an alternative to mop up the juices from my garlic butter mussels this evening. Checked out the fridge to spot the savoy cabbage that had been lurking there for a week or more. Sliced up 200g, stir fried in 19g of butter, 9g of olive oil. Cooked 100g of Jersey Royals in the microwave until soft, chopped them in half and threw those in. Chopped up a sprig of corander and added that. 30g of creme fraiche and a good few twists of black pepper.

It was lovely! Ate my mussels and then poured the remaining juice over the top of the cabbage so that I could enjoy every last drop!

593 calories in total (mostly the butter, olive oil and creme fraiche - the mussels were only 138 calories)

I was wondering what to do with pan fried duck breast tomorrow... and I have half a cabbage left.... :D

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Delicious!

• You dish sounds really tasty Pineapple27 hope you enjoyed it.

• Very inventive, well done!

• Fine

Y chop your cabbage tomorrow ,melancholy it for 20 seconds then icebath plunge it and let it dry off. Then toast some caraway seeds, fry off some chopped apple, onion and garlic and add a splash of Apple cider vinegar. Combine with the cabbage and cook together for a couple of minutes. Serve your duck breast, just pink in the middle, sliced atop a bed of the cabbage mix. Sorted.

• Mmmmmm.... now that sounds absolutely delicious and not beyond my capabilities... I have caraway seeds, no apple cider vinegar... BUT do have apple and cranberry balsamic vinegar. Do you think that woul work ok?

I have done a roasted carrot, caraway seed and feta cheese salad before now that tasted pretty good 🙂

• just read my post. how bizarre autocorrect can be sometimes. I was not suggesting you melancholy your cabbage, but rather that you blanche it for 20 seconds. Quite how my iPad made the leap from 'blanche' to 'melancholy' I have no idea.

Makes me look deranged. lol

• Yes that vinegar sounds ideal

You may also like...