Joining this group is my first positive action after facing up that denial and wishful thinking is not going to shift the 4 stone that I need to be a healthy weight. I have been getting I increasingly depressed, my energy levels are terrible and my first and frightening gallstone attack last week really was a wake upcall to take some action. I dont have many people around me who understand how I am feeling so I am hoping to meet and reachout to others who are sharing a similar journey. Today I weighed in at 13stone 8lbs and I hope that publically declaring my weight will keep me accountable to making good changes in my life. So hello everyone!

4 Replies

• Hello, I'm a newbie too, just signed up. I've also got around 4st to lose, last time I weighed in I was 13st 10. Will weigh for official starting point in the morning but hopefully it won't have gone up. I've got various health problems, I really need to shift some bulk! Do you have a plan in place?

• Hi IAM new to this as well although I have done lots of diet I fine that now IAM doining couch to 5 k which I though I would never do it makes me stronger to stick to a diet I have lost 4 pounds this week just by running and eating smaller portions

• Hi, and congratulations on your decision to declare your weight and face your health issues.

I am starting Monday on my Week 1 (second time; this time for real).

I also don't have any support with my weight loss efforts, but at least we have this group. We can do it!

• well done for making that decision. Doing the same thing 5 weeks ago has made such a difference to my life already. I have three stone to lose, although have set myself a two stone goal for the 12 weeks. Having shed the first stone I feel so much better already. The key to my success has been planning meals/food ahead and also telling everybody what I'm doing - that has really helped me to stick to it. Good luck - you can do it!

You may also like...