Needing a friend: I’m struggling again... - Mental Health Sup...

Mental Health Support
23,953 members14,191 posts

Needing a friend

Hidden
Hidden
13 Replies

I’m struggling again atm and all my so called friends aren’t being very good friends! I’m not saying I’m being needy but I need someone other than my partner to talk to... any help/advice! If you’re in the bournemouth area or near Poole that’d be great!

13 Replies
oldestnewest
Iluvhorses

What's going on?

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Iluvhorses

I have hit a point where everything is a struggle..

Iluvhorses
Iluvhorses
in reply to Hidden

Did something in particular trigger all of this? Or was it a bunch of stuff?

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Iluvhorses

It was mainly just it all kind of hit at once but I had a consultation for counselling yesterday which didn’t help

Iluvhorses
Iluvhorses
in reply to Hidden

Maybe you should go again since it was only your first time.

Hidden
Hidden

I think so...

gilip
gilip
in reply to Hidden

Hi there I came from Bournemouth but moved to Australia years ago. Some days just suck and then a day comes round and it’s better even great. Brings me hope for the future. What sort of things are you dealing with, home situation or work or just everything??? Such a great forum here to meet others and realize we are not alone in this x x love and blessings

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to gilip

Hello, it’s a bit of everything if I’m honest... I have odd good days then it goes a bit pants again x

gilip

Yea sometime counseling, though it’s good can stir up things too like regret and sadness etc sending hugs x x

1 like
Hidden
Hidden
in reply to gilip

Thank you x

mysmugcat

I know the feeling. My partner died last year and I have had minimal support from many friends. I actually found more support from more casual acquaintances who became friends and someone with serious mental health problems.

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to mysmugcat

See I’ve noticed that too! By talking to people on here I’ve felt more 100% then I have talking to friends

1 like

You may also like...