Going to try CBT

Going to try CBT. This is the third bout of depression I have had ,Enough is enough .I have been on antidepressants for 14 Years . I am 71 years old and I hate Christmas it dosent help anyway .I Have a wonderful Husband Son And Daughter who are very concerned about me ,but I went to see my Gp yesterday and she reckons I will benefit from Cbt .The NHS waiting list is too long .sO I AM PAYING £50 A SESSIION , aNY OF YOU BENIFITED FROM CBT PLEASE?

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I hope it helps you

• I have had CBT in the past and found it very helpful for my anxiety and depression. I really hope it does the same for you xxx

• I have been offered it and accepted via cfs clinic.

There is a years wait!

But it's free.

What county do you live in, the clinic recommended that I research changing minds. I am awaiting assessment phone call. The wait has only been 3 weeks.

Don't forget the library will have books covering the therapy. And good luck.

Chuck

• Hi i live in the UK

• I am going to have my assessment for CBT on Monday I am not sure what it entails but someone I know says that it helped a great deal. Although you only get a set amount of appointments if she was right in what she told me. I wish you luck and hope you feel better soon.

• Thank you ,and i wish you good luck as well.

You may also like...