Tight foreskin: I am 27 year old male and... - Men's Health Forum

Men's Health Forum
18,023 members3,473 posts

Tight foreskin

I am 27 year old male and have been dealing with a tight foreskin for around 12 months. I can still retract my foreskin but there is clear redness and I struggle to maintain an erection.

2 weeks ago I had a frenuloplasty as the NHS advised this would help relive the pressure. Although this is still early after the op, redness around the foreskin is still there.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and were you able to resolve? Once I have recovered from the op is there anything I can do to improve this or is a circumcision the only thing that will help this?

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi, i had the frenuloplasty also 3 years ago, it will take a few weeks before you notice the difference, do you have pictures from the result ?

Adult onset tight foreskin frequently is caused by a yeast infection. Have you tried treating for yeast infection?

If you treat for yeast infection and your foreskin remains tight, the best treatment is manual stretching. Circumcision is a bad operation and should be considered the last resort.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this several times every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis”, which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin grows but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension several times every day so that it will grow wider.

Betamethasone valerate ointment, a topical steroid, which is available by prescription may help, but it won’t work by itself. Manual stretching is still required.

willywellbeing.com/forums/f...

thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/T...

cirp.org/library/treatment/...

cirp.org/library/normal/

healthboards.com/boards/men...

wikihow.fitness/Do-Phimosis...

reddit.com/r/Phimosis/comme...

There are some who would want you to be circumcised. Circumcision is a horrible, mutilating, destructive, harmful operation, that takes off the best part of the penis. Recovery is difficult and painful. It should be considered a last resort after conservative treatment fails. One may prefer to remain as one is rather than undergo circumcision.

You may also like...