Men's Health Forum
12,480 members2,779 posts

How long after circumcision should I keep my penis pointing upwards?

Got circumcised a week ago and am feeling no pain at all in the area of my penis. I shower troughoutly every second day while being mindful of the stitches and can already see the scar is healing well. My question is, can/should I stop holding my penis upwards with the pads? Can I just point it downwards and use the pads? Thanks beforehand and have a nice weekend ^_^

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Yeah after the 48 hr of my circumcision I just let it sit straight downwards from there. Never really used any gauze, since my doctor told me it heals better being exposed to air. I just clean the area and put Neosporin. Hope this helps. I'm new to this as well.

1 like

Thanks. Will try and see how it goes with just walking normally, then if it hurts imma go and try some Neosporin

does neosporin actually works..???

becoz i too started apply neosporin from today onwards becouse frenulum and the area surrounding it still dint heal it seems.Frenulum is blood clotted and still reddish..I fear whether i will lose ma frenulum..ive done circmsn 10days ago..

Let it go!

1 like

If you are comfortable with it. But it helps swelling and any friction to stiches. I did stay until two weeks being upwards. Iam in my 4 th week now so yeah.

1 like

Removed my absorbing pads and net undies yesterday and other than the glans being sensitive to my pants, I do not experience any discomfort or pain

You may also like...