Chronic prostatitis for 8 years

I have been suffering from chronic prostatitis for nearly 8 years. I have been treated with Cipro and tamsulosin. The symptoms recede after treatment and return more aggressively. Now they are worse and at night I have the urge to empty my bladder up to 4 times. The pain on the tip of the penis and near the anus area is more intense. What medicine can cure this infection fully?

12 Replies

  • Not an easy answer. It is not well understood and is not simply an infection. Often it is called chronic pelvic pain syndrome. Treatments include alpha blockers anti inflammatory agents, antibiotics, hormone manipulation, physiotherapist .

    The symptoms are chronic and go on for many years. Not serious but unpleasant

  • I've tried several conventional western treatments you mentioned, but none helped.

  • I agree with Goldfish. I suffered from chronic prostatits for many years (1992-2003 more or less) with various periods of different symptoms. What has surely been useful were long cycles of antibiotics. I remember once I take a 21 days period with Bassado (a tetracycline) and some years later a 90 days period with ciprofloxacin. When the symptoms have become less strong I took advantage of alpha blockers. Now I am well but keep assuming alpha blockers. My feeling is that alpha blocker have as side effect a decreased energy in ejaculation but I don't know if it is scientifically demonstrated.

  • Thank you for sharing your experiences. It inspires me.

  • Try a culture of your semen and your urine. If positive, a long period antibiotic treatment is probably a good choice. If the cultures are negative, maybe some particularly fastidious bacterium or other microorganisms such as chlamydiae or mycoplasma could be responsible. In my experience, long antibiotic treatment was the only way to resolve something. Go to an infectivologist beside the urologist. Urologists are surgeons and may not be accustomed with infectious diseases. Best whishes. Nick

  • Hi tumi, I understand what you are suffering now since my husband had prostatitis before. Have you tried herbal medicine? My husband was cured by a herbal medicine called diuretic and anti-inflammatory pill. Its herbal formula has no side effects. Maybe you can have a try. Hope you will feel well soon.

  • Happy to hear the good news, could you tell me where can I buy this medicine?

  • You can search the name diuretic and anti-inflammatory pill on google where you can find its official website.

  • Best of look Mr, i hope you can get some help pretty soon.


  • Thank you very much!

  • Most of the allopathic medicines prescribed for your condition have some side effect or the other. I suggest you try an Ayurvefic cure. Relatively safer. Shilajit is one effective medicine that comes to mind. There are many more to choose from with discretion.

  • Thank you for your advice.

You may also like...