Varicocele? Testicle torsion? Please help

So I was examining my testicles as you do and feeling both sides where the veins are above the testicles. I was standing up and feeling my spermatic cord on the left side and it feels a little bit lumpy. More lumpy than my other side. I'm not sure if this is a normal thing or if it's a varicocele. Both sides feel kind of the same but the left just has a little bit of a thicker feel to it. Both sides feel thinner when laying down. I can only feel this after a really warm bath or shower or if I've been sitting down a lot and my testicles have become sweaty so they sag in my scrotum. If it were a varicocele would it be something I 100% know instantly? It's started to worry me as I have looked up the implications of a varicocele. When looking at my scrotum after a hot shower you cannot notice any visual signs of a varicocele (like the ones from google images) both my testicles and above the testicles look the same on both sides, just the left will feel a bit thicker. Also I would like to ask if I have ever had an ultrasound done on my testicles would they find something like a varicocele or testicle torsion? I am going for a check-up again on friday but I'm worried he won't be able to feel it as It's more noticeable after a really warm bath.

Last edited by

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • It certainly doesn't sound worrying. More concerns are that you are over thinking and on the road to health anxiety .

Torsion is an acute event needing urgent surgery.

Varicoceles are VISIBLE enlargement of the veins. It doesn't sound like you have that

You may also like...