Does anyone else suffer from feeling Hot and feverish but body temp is normal or low?

I have been noticing more & more recently that I have times (often evenings) when I feel like I'm burning up, nothing will cool me down and I feel awful as if I am running a fever yet when I check it my body temp is normal or even low. (sometimes too low for thermometer to read).

I do not yet have a Lupus diagnosis as my rheumy now thinks I am more likely to be suffering from Palindromic arthritis than lupus (tho I'm not convinced)

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh I feel like this all the time, but not feverish, just hot red and sweaty, I am worse if I drink alcohol, I can only think its the meds I am on causing it, its quite funny as I look rather menopausal .. good luck

J x

• Hi Jen, yes I have this too, mainly at night but a few times during the day, thought it might be my thyroid tabs needing upping as low temp associated with low thyroid but recent test high normal so not that. Sweaty flushes often suffered by Us Loopies but haven't heard of any one else having the low temp........sometimes as low as 34C, never above 36C. Even bought an ear thermonometer to check!

If anyone out there has an explanation I'd love to read it! Beth x

• Mee too! GIves me a steaming headache aswell but I have raynauds so I frequently use my forehead to warm my hands lol

• Me too although mine could be the menpause as well

Love your thinking loubielou....

• Hahah and yet another "oh yes I do exactly the same" moment

i sweat so much that it drips off my eyelashes and down my neck and back. I literally feel as if I am on fire.

Havnt even bothered telling the dr as feel as i do nothing bt complain x

• I am seeing rheumy monday (had to ring the helpline to get appointment moved forward from april) so I am going to mention it to him. I was beginning to think it was just me and I was going mad

• I aso get an intense burning sensation in the base of my skull, its worse when laying down or resting my head on a pillow... Makes me feel really quite ill

• THanks dalediva :) being inventive is a good way to cope for me :) xxx

• I get this feeling too, feels like flu symptoms with no temperature. I can't decide if it is associated with tiredness as it normally happens in the evening then goes after a rest. I don't sweat, just when lying down feel the room spinning! X

• chris

i feel the same way. the only way i can describe is feels like i am running 104 degree temp and aching like i have the flu...drs just look at me like i am crazy. i am getting worse. i cant find a dr that will try to stop it? i feel like i they are missing a diagnosis of some kind? of you dont mind saying what does your dr think this is?

• Been looking back at questions for body throbbing found this I get this all the time,morning,noon and especially at night.everyone tells me I'm menopausal but I definitely can't be had a full hysterectomy nearly 20 years ago.if you got any answers fort this could you please send me any that fit ty x

• I had bloods checked for hormones as GP thought menopause too but came back all normal so def not that

• Yes, I DO suffer that much. I have had this problem for a couple years where I feel WAY too hot every single day, no matter what the temperature is like outside. Sometimes when I walk outside and it is freezing cold, I have to take off my jacket because I am too hot all the time even in cold weather. Whenever I sleep in my bed (even in the wintertime), I have to take ALL my clothes off AND put a fan on, and sometimes I am STILL too hot. Even if I do those two things AND have the AC on, it is STILL not enough. It gets worse every single day for me, and I feel more and more hot/ overheated every day, and I don't understand why AT ALL. Trust me, I TOTALLY understand. It is EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I have been taking medicine for it for a long time and nothing has helped AT ALL. In fact it only gets worse the more time goes by. I really wish I could find a solution to this problem

• Me too. I have no clue if there's correlation to yeast but I take a daily probiotic to balance my PH. My body's PH tends to kill the good bacteria which evidently is not uncommon. . If I go to long without taking the probiotic, heat begins to feel trapped under skin. I'm starting to think it's related to high yeast levels circulating through the body.

Does that sound crazy?

• That actually sounds very possible christi55555! I'm wondering which probiotics you take? I need some.

• Just measured yet again and using four thermometers, I got readings of 95.7 / 95.3 / 35.5 / and 36.4. I am always TOO WARM - help!!

You may also like...