Hope you are all fab!
The last month has been its usual round of horrendous ness but with a new symptom/thing thrown in for good measure.
I am on low dose anti biotics for recurrent uti and they had been doing brill. Then I started to get a dull thobbing ache in my lower left side/back. Didn't think much of it.
As we do I ignored it for a week until I couldn't sleep one night. Went to the docs the next day and was asked to do a wee sample. Took the pot and did the sample. I was horrified! It looked like watered down ribena. The doc dip tested it and, no surprise, it came up with blood and white cells. She sent it off to the lab to see if it would grow anything and gave me stronger antibiotics. She also gave me codeine, paracetamol and oramorph for pain.
The following few days were awful. Couldn't sleep couldn't get comfortable and the pain just wouldn't get under control.
Anyway went back to the gp and they sent me to the surgical assessment unit. They eventually did a ct scan thinking it was kidney stones. The ct scan came back normal, no stones no inflammation no nothing to explain the pain and the weeing blood! They discharged me telling me it was probably muscular.
This was about 3 weks ago and I am still in pain, not as bad, but its still there.
Then I got hit with a 5 day migraine complete with nausea, light flashes, dizzy spells, light sensitivity and noise sensitivity.
In the middle of this attack I had an appointment with the haematology peeps.
I kind of lost it totally in the appointment, to be honest! I asked them of they could to please test me for anything that could be causing not only the clotting but also all the other symptoms I have been having over the last 3 years. She started to say that it would not alter my treatment and blah blah blah. So I cut her off and said I knew that but I need to know not just for my sanity but also for my children.
She relented and said she would go over all my old records to see what I have been tested for and consult her boss and get back to me.
She phoned me the next day and said she was sending me a blood form to take to my gp. The form arrived this morning with the following tests on it;
ANA1 antinuclear antibody
So I need to book the appointment with my surgery and get the tests done.
Would it better to wait until I am in a flare or just go up whenever?
Also my youngest son had out of the blue pneumonia the end of September and since then he has been showing the same symptoms as I get. He is on a negotiated timetable for school as he cannot stay awake for the whole day. We are waiting for results of his blood tests but they didn't tests for anything like an autoimmune disease. But its a start.
I am so sorry this post has gone on for so long. I didn't realise I had to get so much off my chest!
Thanks for reading