Finding Drs who know about APS in the US

America college of rheumatology, Atlanta Georgia: phone (404)633-3777. Email:

The Antiphospholipid Syndrome Collaborative Registry (APSCORE): Univ. of North Carolina @ Chapel Hill:(919)966-0572. Email: a national, NIH-funded project that often handles questions from patients and helps people find local physicians with expertise in APS

Other websites: ( American AutoimmuneRelated Diseases Association

Possible Hospitals:

UNC Healthcare, Universityof North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC)

Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill/Cornell School of Medicine NY,NY

Johns Hopkins University Medical Center Baltimore, MD

Duke University Medical Center Durham, NC

University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT

University of Texas Health Science Center at SanAntonio, San Antonio, Texas

Morehouse School of Medicine. Atlanta GA

This should get you on your way to some answers, good luck let us know what you find.

4 Replies

oldest ‚ÄĘ newest
  • Thank you, MaryF

  • We all need whatever help we can get, your welcomeūüėČ

  • Thank you thank you thank you!! I can't thank you enough!!!!

  • If you plan on getting treatment in NC at UNC or Duke, research the doctors first. I live here, and have found that not all physicians are created equal :) Some Rheumatologists like to do their own testing, and if you're negative, disregard any previous test results done by any other institution. Hence, I ended up with PE's and clots despite previous positive test results.

You may also like...