Healthy Eating
33,315 members β€’ 4,788 posts

Alternative fruit cake idea

Alternative fruit cake idea

Hi. I've spent the morning trying out two recipes and thought I would post a photo of them.

The sliced cake is a really interesting recipe Zest posted 9 days ago. Full of seeds, mixed dried fruit, cherries and bananas -I used an egg in my version. It is a recipe adapted from one by Ruth-canal-runner. Many thanks. It is delicious.

The tea loaves, still in wraps, is a really easy recipe courtesy of Bero and can be found at be-ro.co.uk

It is called Brack and I have altered the recipe to make it with only 300g of mixed fruit instead of 425g. I cut it into 12 slices,-around 140 cals a slice. It freezes well. Delicious with a cup of tea and not too sweet.

9 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Hey Roset, this all looks fabulous and I love fruit cake...😊

3 likes

Hi Roset16,

It is very exciting to see your cakes - and they look amazing! I am going to look at the Brack recipe - it looks great.

Like you say, delicious with a cup of tea - I'm going to tag Ruth_canal_runner so she can be sure to see your lovely post.

Zest :-)

2 likes

Thank you again for the recipe. It has a lovely texture.

1 like

I'm glad you like it, and yours looks so good! I've copied and pasted the Brack recipe too - for my file of nice recipes, many thanks! :-)

Zest :-) xx

You're welcome. By the way if you make it with different sugar it can give quite a different flavour. - worth experimenting.

1 like

love love cakes..and they look lovely.

1 like

Taste good as well.😁

Mmmm...!

Hi Roset

Thank you for sharing. I love fruit cake and both look delicious.

Alicia :)

1 like

You may also like...