Hello Happy Slimmers!!

I'm 79 on Saturday and read the post first thing in a morning and anytime I'm feeling hungry, I'm disabled and do chair exercises when I remember !! My first week of starting once again to try & lose weight, about 5 st to go WOW!! But with all your help feel I can achieve it this time, I'm due a hernia operation July/Aug time and know that losing weight will help me know end, so any advice and your company along the way would really be appreciated xx

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Follow the community

Discuss all aspects of nutrition, from specific foods to recipes and more. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits.

Get Started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi lathe,

I'd like to wish you a Very Happy Birthday for Saturday. :-) Hope you've got something nice planned to celebrate. :-)

I know you're hoping to lose some weight before your hernia operation in July/Aug time, and wondered if you've had a look at the NHS Choices 'Healthy eating' pages - the NHS 12 week plan is worth a look, and there is also another forum called 'NHS weight loss' which might be worth joining as well, to give you additional support - they do lots of weekly activities and weigh-ins.

Here's the NHS Healthy Eating pages:

nhs.uk/livewell/healthy-eat...

Good luck!

Zest :-)

• Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and the advice, will give them a try.x

• I've just had a look at this nhs site and see some great recipes but I would just caution users not to use an of the seed oils in the recipes; that's Rape seed, or Sunflower seed etc as they are not healthy foods. Use olive oil in every case but try to avoid over-heating it.

Enjoy your food, life is to be enjoyed. Tibbly

• Happy birthday for Saturday.

• Thanks so much Caroline x

• I hope you have a wonderful birthday this weekend and you get all your wishes to come true! Enjoy!😀

• Thanks so much for my birthday wishes, losing 5 st would be just great but think I am expecting miracles. x

• You can do anything if you put your mind to it!😀

• Just love your positivity and just what I am in need of on this new journey of mine x

• You're welcome! I will be around if you and everyone else has any questions about anything. Feel free to ask!😀

I will be posting a new posting on Healthy Eating for everyone to know who I am soon.

• Looking forward to that !!!

• You will lose most of the weight through a good diet, so don't worry to much about the exercises.

• Absolutely right!

• Do hope so Jim, thanks for the encouragement I sure need it!!!!

You may also like...