About ESA Claim

Afternoon all just wandered if anyone can help.... I've just made a claim for ESA .... my question is does housing benefit and council tax benefit get done automatically with my ESA claim or do I have to do it separately... all advice would be appreciated... many thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š


Featured Content

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • i think you have to apply separately,call your local council housing benefit/council tax depts

  • Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • Disability Rights UK Factsheet 44 accessible on the internet gives good advice and a link to the government's advice Factsheet on claiming housing benefit. Might be of interest to you.x

  • Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • Hi

    You will have to do Housing Benefit claim and Council Tax claim separately

  • Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • Hi Flower47

    I see you've already had some helpful replies from other members who have answered your question. As rosewine mentions a good resource is Disability Rights UK who have many factsheets that are available to read online - see link; disabilityrightsuk.org/how-...

    Also, FMAUK have a Benefit Helpline should you need any further advice about your ESA claim, please find all the information you'll need in the link below;


    I wish you well with your claim

    Best Wishes

    Emma :)

  • Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • They are seperate claims.

  • Ok thanks for that ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • Your welcome and good luck with your claims

  • Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • You have to apply seperatley x

You may also like...