FAQ - I'm currently trying to claim E... - Fibromyalgia Acti...

Fibromyalgia Action UK

49,003 members60,367 posts

FAQ - I'm currently trying to claim ESA/PIP or UC, can you provide any advice please?


Welcome to Fibromyalgia Action UK! :)

We understand the difficulties you face trying to claim the benefits you may be entitled to living with Fibromyalgia as a chronic fluctuating illness with pain & fatigue which can be extremely debilitating.

It can therefore be a stressful time and you may need advice for the following benefits; Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Employment Support Allowance (ESA) & in some places in the country Universal Credit (UC)

If you need any benefit advice Fibromyalgia Action UK have a Benefits Line on 0300 999 0055

The FMA UK Benefits Helpline is available Mon, Wed and Fri 10am - 12noon

You can also email the Benefits team using benefits.advice@fmauk.org at any time and someone will get back to you.

Or alternatively use the contact form below;


Janet will be happy to assist you with all your queries and can provide you with information guides which may help. Please do get in touch :)

Any other recent changes regarding benefits can usually be found on our website as well as other helpful information, here is the link;


Please do email us at Head Office if you do not receive a reply after 4-7 days + and we will endeavour to provide you with any information you need.

Email Hazel FMAUK Administrator using Head.office@fmauk.org


Other helpful links include:

Benefits & Work

Benefits & Work is a completely independent organisation that produces some of the best guides around on benefits and how to deal with the application and appeals process. Their website also has news on welfare reform. We are a professional member of Benefits & Work and can provide their guides to enquirers.



DIAL UK is a national organisation for a network of approximately 120 local Disability Information and Advice Line services (DIALs) run by and for disabled people.


Disability Rights UK

Disability Rights UK, a registered charity led, run and controlled by disabled people. Their website provides a lot of advice on benefits and welfare reform.


Citizens Advice Bureau

The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, both online and in-person at a network of local bureaux across the UK.



Turn2us helps people in financial need gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help – online, by phone and face to face through our partner organisations. The website includes an online Benefits calculator to help you see what you may be entitled to plus you can ring the free number for help with the calculator from an advisor using 0808 802 2000 (9am-8pm Monday-Friday).



A registered as a non profit Community Interest Compan that has assisted with hundreds of successful PIP/ESA claims, Appeals and Advocated in Court, supporting in 800 plus assessments and over 1000 court hearings since inception in 2013. We also offer face to face assistance in completing Disability Benefits Forms, Appeals Advocacy, Over payments, and allegations of Benefit Fraud.

Fightback consists of 5 wonderful volunteers, 3 part time staff and 4 full time advocates who all work tirelessly in order to bring you daily help and man the advice line as best we can, some of whom are qualified in their own right.


Hope this helps

Emma :)


Please Note:This post may be shared on Twitter and/or Facebook as an information post within the community so replying option is switched off on all FAQ's

Updated - 30th December 2017

The ability to reply to this post has been turned off.

You may also like...