Fibromyalgia Action UK
39,125 members51,314 posts

Help with pip form

Hi . I am applying for PIP due to various back conditions I suffer from . My form has to be returned by 7th of june this is an extention date as I got in touch with cab to get an appointment with help filing it in but cab can't give me a appointment until the 6th of June and I don't think I will get it to the dwp the next day is there any other organisation that could help me please.

14 Replies

Hi Tracy19999

Welcome to the Fibromyalgia Support Forum :)

You don't say how long you have had Fibromyalgia or when you were diagnosed?

It would be nice to know a little more about you.

If you take a look at our mother site you will find lots of information about Fibro on there

Once again a very warm welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum.

Lu x



Hi BlueMermaid3

I was diagnosed about 7 months ago I also have osteoarthritis of the spine caused by spondilolthesis Which Is a fractutured Vertebrae also other various back conditions .most of my pain is in my back but also get aches and pain every where else aswell as the usual symptoms.


Hi again

Have you tried calling the DWP and asking them for an extension of time?

They will usually give you a couple more weeks if you can give them an explanation as to why you haven't been able to fill your form in.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that earlier.

Lu xx


Yes that is my extention date they won't give me another but I have just had a call from cab and they said if I goto my appointment they will Pay to send the form by next day delivery which I thought was very good of them so Ithat should be sorted now .

Thankyou for your reply .

1 like

Age UK helped with mine, all you need to do is ring them up.


Thank you for your reply will give them a ring .


Hello and welcome to our wonderful forum

As I am not qualified to fil lout these kind of forms I wouldn't be able to help.

The CAB and DWP can make appointments to help if you explain to CAB that your extension date is nearly up them may be able to do the form in another office but it might be out of the area.

Also if you contact the DWP or go into local jobcentre they can sometimes help.

The general rule of thumb known seems to be getting our forms done ourselves or getting help from family member.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

1 like

Still go the the cab and get their help. Take as much evidence with you as you can. Get them to photo copy everything for you. So you have a copy of what you have written.

I would then suggest that as soon as you leave the CAB with you form filled in that you go to a post office and send it next day recorded delivery. That way the will get it on the day they have said.

I hope your pain is bearable today.

Best wishes

Colleen xxx

1 like

Hi tracey1999 welcome to our wonderful forum ☺ I'm sure you will come to find the forum invaluable in chatting to others who are going through the same experience as you, talking to others at different stages of their lives with Fibro and learning from their experiences.

It does help with the whole process and I wish I had found the site years ago. I have had Fibro for nearly 30 yrs and I'm still learning about it, like we all are.

I see you have got answers to your question, so just wanted say hi & look forward to chatting with you on the forum.

Peace, luv n light

Jan xx

1 like

Hello Tracey and a warm welcome to our friendly fibro forum where you can find help, advice, support and understanding.

Try filling in your form a little at a time in pencil and then you can rub out anything wrong or add more detail if necessary.

Remember, they want to know how your fibro affects your daily life. (I am guessing you have a diagnosis of fibro?) Use this time to collect your "evidence" like a repeat prescription form. Make sure everything is photocopied before sending it off.

Good luck!


1 like

Thank you for your reply yesI do have a diagnosisI also have various issues with my back too.I have evidence from my GP in a letter which explains how it effects me and also have my repeat prescription list .


Hi tracey1999

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well as you possibly can be today? Welcome to the forum and it is wonderful to make your acquaintance. FMA UK does have its own benefit adviser, and her name is Janet. I have pasted her contact number below:

Benefits Helpline 0300 999 0055 (10am - 12pm Mon and Fri)

I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

All my hopes and dreams for you



Thank you I will take a note of this number. Take care of yourself too.

1 like

Good luck my friend :)


You may also like...