Carer

Well good folks it's been a bit of a stressful morning as I had a dla assessment this morning at home. My asthma and advanced arthritis and fibro all making life a little too hard now. I have to say she was lovely. I set out to meet her a few weeks ago but took a severe asthma attack on my way to her. Thank god for first aiders. Anyway it was rearranged for home visit. She has said I can have a carer allowance and is organising it for me! I could cry with relief...I did blooming cry in front of her 😂 oh goodness. Anyway I thought I would share my good news with you.

Remain blessed and as well as possible. Soft hugs x

21 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done hun hope it makes life easier for you now.

• Thank you x

• So nice to hear good news Olivia1. Hope life gets a little easier for you darling.

Take care

Angie xx

• Awe thanks Angie. Be lost without this site xx

• Me too hun. This fibro family have got me through some dark Times in the last year.

xxx

• I think I remembered you posting about it at the time. I am so glad it's worked out well. It must be such a relief x

• What a good result for you,so pleased this has turned out the way it has.

Take care,

Crusee

XX

• Glad to hear that, asthma is a terrible illness and can be life threatening, we have it in our family unfortunately, take care

• Yes I had to be ventilated last September and without the good folks here I would have been lost. I live a lone. Xx

• Yes there's always someone on here to chat to, take care of yourself

• Hi Olivia1 , Good for you.I would not worry about crying as sometimes that's what we need. Take care.Peck 🐤

• That is wonderful and an assessor with a heart as well do hope when the envelope comes it is good news.

Yes asthma which I also have but luckily in my case well controlled is far more dangerous than people realise. Take care of yourself.x

• Thanks I have severe and difficulty in control as on maximum amount of meds for it. I was dreading today but thankfully 🤞 it might be easier now with a bit of help. Finally had to give in and accept my limitations. Remain blessed and as well as possible x

• Aw Olivia sorry to hear you had an asthma attack, nasty thing. That's great your getting a carer allowance too. Good news all round.

Hugs 🤗🤗 x

• Hi Olivia glad things went so well for you today, like you I had a home visit and I also found the lady who came to see me as lovely and very helpfull . Jacqui

• Awe good. I was so worried but she was really so lovely. Stay well x

• That is absolutely wonderful news and I want to sincerely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself my friend.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken x

• Awe Ken, I was just about to post and ask if you were ok. I do hope you and your wife are as well as possible. It is good news and I was shocked as she genuinely was very caring. It may take a while with paper work etc but at least I see light at end of the tunnel. Stay well Ken. You give so much of yourself to this site in a supportive manner. X

• Thanks my friend. I took poorly last night but I am feeling a lot better now thank you. Good luck x x

• Oh great news, i didnt know that assessment for carers was carried out at all, so i have learned something, i can only guess this is for those that dont qualify for PIP?

• My situation is a bit different. I lived and worked in England all my life but came to Ireland last year when I had to stop work. Didn't think I would stay and was hoping after some prolonged rest I would be able to work even pt but my health events took over. So I might not get pip I'm entitled too because of geography but they arranged for Irish authorities to do a thorough assessment and here it's still 'disability living benefit and carer allowance.' But everything else is the same, esa etc

You may also like...