when do back payments starting from?

my ESA started on 22nd aug(after first 7 days) and I have been awarded 73. 10 a week, from 21st Nov, after passing my medical and being placed in the SG I have been awarded 125. 05. a difference of approximately £50. so am I entitled to be back paid the difference from when my claim started on 22nd aug?.. that is 13 weeks.

thank for any advice.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi stew39wsm

Welcome to the forum and it is wonderful to make your acquaintance. I have pasted you a link below to our mother site, FMA UK which hosts loads of useful Fibro information:

fmauk.org/

I have also pasted below an excerpt and a link to the *GOV.UK cache on ESA. I sincerely hope that this answers your question:

*If the assessment takes longer than 13 weeks your benefit will be backdated to the 14th week of the claim.

gov.uk/employment-support-a...

I want to genuinely wish you all the best of luck, and please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Im pleased you got the award, i have to be honest i cannot remember but i do remember that it was on my award letter and they paid up on the next date that ESA was due. That should brighten your christmas.

• Just over £650 approx stew39wsm. Glad to see it & enjoy yourself with it. marty

• Yes I had over £1000 in back payment included in my next ESA payment

• Hello stew39wsm,,,,new member and looking for the best help you can get.

After all this time I would be on the phone and asking when the payments would be made,,,there is usually a reference on the bottom of the letter and they would need the date of the letter and your NI number,,,patience is not something I would be using,,,they don't seem to have a hurry mode, at times,,,,ttfn from Karen.

• Hello and welcome to our friendly fibro forum. I see you have been given some excellent answers. I hope you are paid up just in time for Christmas, that would be a lovely bonus.

I hope we will see you around the forum.

Kay

You may also like...