PIP decision

Hii all, have had a decision on PIP. Awarded standard rate of Daily living and nothing for mobility. Rang last week to ask for mandatory reconsideration and was told Id get a call back to discuss in 8-9 weeks. Had another letter yesterday saying 'looked at it again and not changing award. so rang to say that Id been expecting a call and told them about the previous conversation I'd had. Very nice lady said that the guy had not requested a call back and she could see that I was telling the truth as how would I have known about the 8-9 weeks call back as it is their protocol. So requesting an urgent call back by next Thursday. Just missed a call! Ring me back after 12. have made some notes to discuss, but I know its very short notice but if anyone on here atm, can you offer any advice about what to say? Main area of contention is around mobility as they said I can walk more thhan 50 metres not less than 200 which is total fabrication off what I said at assessment.

5 Replies

• I was asked to base my comments, re walking, on the last three months i had experienced. As conditions fluctuate day to day it is always difficult to assess walking distance and in my case having cfs/me, if you walked further what effect it would have on you two days later?? Awful as it sounds i had my assessment in the midst if a relapse and could hardly walk the length of myself. Trying to build it up now but not passed 50m on a regular basis and frightened to push too far in case i end up back where i started. Sometimes it doesnt take that much 😱. Good luck - hope things goes well for you J 😊

• Sorry it seems as though I have come on too late to give any advice but hope all went as well as these things can.😀

• I am too late to help you so I apologise. I genuinely and sincerely hope that it went well for you.

All my hopes and dreams for you

• Get hold of an experienced advisor

DWP did amandatory reconsideration on original info so nothing will change.

Obtain fresh letters / reports from consultants/ gp/ even friends & relatives DWP did a reconsideration on its own reconsideration

Did DWP ask for any more letters/info in tel conversation?

A tel call can be confusing & 8/9 weeks outside of 1month appeal limit!

DWP after one mess up after another put me back on enhanced mobility thanks to my support & advisor dealing with it all for me +

Go as well to Benefits & Work site

BUT don't give in to DWP ways of confusing the real issues.

Hugs to All

• Hi determined thanks for your reply. I'm about to post an update so check it out and let me have your thoughts, if you don't mind.

You may also like...