Fibromyalgia Action UK
38,756 members51,011 posts

Had a bad fall

Hi everyone,

Tonight i have had quite a nasty fall. I was mopping a laminate floor, slipped and fell backwards landing on my daughters toys. I've also had a lot of housework to do and won't have enough sleep before work tomorrow. I can already feel the heaviness around my back and pelvis. Great start to my week! :(

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Goes without saying really but do try to get some rest, do you use a steam mop, I find they dry up almost immediately. Hope you recover well xx

2 likes

We use a sweeper mop it is very nice and easy also does a great job. Hopefully if you have time to get a good soak in tonight you want be as sore tomorrow!

1 like

I am so genuinely sorry to read that and I sincerely hope that you have not hurt yourself too much as a result of this fall. I want to genuinely and sincerely wish you all the best of luck.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

1 like

Aw hunny I hope you're ok sending healing fluffies over to you in the hope it eases the aches and bumps :)

{{{{{{ Tuscany }}}}}}

xxx sian :)

1 like

Thank you for your kind replies. I have a steam mop and it does dry quickly, but the flooring we have in our new house can be really slippery. I am in a lot of pain this morning. I have decided to stay home from work, go back to bed and get some rest xx

2 likes

Well.... You beat me to it!!...:-D :-D :-D I was going to suggest that you stay at home and look after yourself! I used to feel awful ringing in sick but at the end of the day we have to look after ourselves to be able to live a comfortable life and be able to look after our family!!.... Peaceful love....Ninja....♥♥♥

If your pain worsens, hon, you might check in with your doc. You could have done some "damage" especially because of landing on the toys instead of just a flat floor and an exam, or CAT scan, etc., might be in order ...

Take care, rest, feel better ~ and soft, gentle hugs are coming your way, bk

Hiya

How are you doing now?

Hugs

Lu xx

You should get x-Ray to be sure what you are dealing with. If nothing fractured or broken, all the pain creams and lotions will help ease the pain .

Hi everyone.

I went to my doctor yesterday. She just told me to rest! Idon'tthink I have broken anything. It's just triggered one hell of a flare up. Lu, thanks for your reply hon. I a not doing so great. I have had to take time off work and I am stuck in bed. Luckily I have childcare today so I can rest. I have intense heaviness, stiffness, joint pain and my neck and my hands really, really hurt. Going to sleep a lot today and have a soak In a nice warm bath xx

You may also like...