Fibromyalgia Action UK

Help needed please

Hi everyone

I am pretty new to this site and i was wondering if anyone could please help, as i dont know which way to turn :-(

I am currently claiming ESA in the support group, because i suffer from chronic depression and i have also had to have a total thyroidectomy and have finally been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, due to a change of Gp finally ive got someone who understands and just dont think the pain etc is in my head, She is sorting my medication out for all three illness. Anyway someone has told me i should claim DLA, should i do this ???? i dont know how to either, to be honest i only claimed ESA due to work telling me they wasnt paying me anymore and i had to apply for ESA. Also another problem is work now have asked for written docs off my Gp about my conditions, however my Gp has written a nice informative letter stating it is difficult to tell when i will be ready to commence work due to my ongoing problems with my health. I really think work want me to hand my notice in or they want to finish me on ill health, what do you think ????

Thank you very much for reading and any help will be really appreciated, i feel like am sinking with all this going off and my health being like it is :-(

6 Replies

I would suggest that you ring up your local Citizens Advice Bureau and make an appointment to speak to them. They will be able to give you expert and reliable advice about all of your claim issues and very importantly, your obvious distressing employment issues.


Thank you so much Comber for your reply xxx


Hi Sarah,

It sounds as though you're having a really difficult time! :(

Below, I have posted a link to a recent blog by our Fibro Action member MDaisy, which has some very helpful information that I think will be useful to you.

Remember we are all here to help you, so always feel free to come here for advice - or just to let off steam!


Moffy x


Hi there yes you could claim PIP as I think it should be now instead of dla from 10th June

To get the forms

Personal Independence Payment forms

Claims to PIP are started over the phone by calling the PIP new claims number:

New claims: 0800 917 2222

Then if you need help filling them in you can email

And Emma can email you the work and benefit sheets or see if your local CAB can help

VG x


Here is information on Work and Fibro, including some info on your rights and how to access help:


hi if you message me i can put you in touch with a man you has helped me ...he truely wonderfull,, x


You may also like...