I can't decide whether to go and ask my GP about starting Gabapentin- I saw a new rheumatologist last week as I've moved area, but he was quite frankly rubbish, didn't speak english well/couldn't understand what I was saying to him either, and knew naff all about fibromyalgia and just wanted to do more tests all over again (Which I've had hundreds of times), because of the risk of arthritis related to my Inflammatory Bowel Disease, even though I was trying to explain to him I've already be diagnosed with fibro and just want treatment for it, he said the only treatment for it was Amitriptyline (which I can't tolerate) and to maybe increase my doslepin (which my GP started, on my request, he'd never heard of it as he knows naff all about fibro too!!)
So don't know whether to wait until the 'results' come back and I see the rheumy again to ask about gabapentin or just to go to my GP now and ask for it.
From what I've read about it, lots of people seem to find it helpful. I'm worried about the side effect of weight gain though as I really can't afford to gain any more weight after 18 months on steroids.
Any thoughts/experience appreciated.