My partner has recently had chemotherapy & had sperm stored before treatment. We want to start a family & use the stored sperm. I have been waiting nearly a month & still don't know whether the local pct will decide to offer ivf. Pretty much going out of my mind waiting & wondering. I'm wondering whether we will not be offered ivf because we've not been trying to conceive, but as it isn't advisable due to risk of genetic issues caused by toxicity of chemo and it can take up to two years for fertility to maybe come back I don't feel I should be excluded. It seems likely that my partner will need further chemo before 2 years anyway. Anyone had similar experiences of waiting for a decision? Anyone in a similar situation received or receiving ivf? Or any advice on how long I should wait before going back to my GP? Feeling really frustrated & alone.
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.