Fertility Network UK
17,944 members28,372 posts

Follicles not growing, why?

I had my 2nd scan this morning and after 4 days of Bemfola & menopur, my 2 follicles haven’t responded & grown. My menopur is now being upped to 3 powders/tablets. Anyone else had similar experience and what was your outcome?

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Yep – I had the same thing with five rounds of OI (Ovulation Induction) and one successful round of IVF. My follicles tend to do nothing for the first few days of treatment – so then they increase my dose and BAM: the follicles go nuts!

When I started IVF, my notes stated that my ovaries had a propensity to go crazy like that – and not to increase the menopur too much as a result (because of the risk of OHSS). They increased my dose quite a lot anyway, and I ended up with 41 eggs (18 frozen embryos)! I also had moderate/severe OHSS, so it definitely wasn't all good times!

I'm no doctor, but my own experiences suggest that there's no need to worry about lack of follicle growth just yet.

1 like

41 eggs, holey moley! I’ve never quite figured out what OHSS stands for? Can you enlighten me? Fingers crossed my follicles go nuts 🤞🥜 Thanks for your reassurance. I’d be lost without this forum. Hope all is well with you? Xx

Sorry for the late reply! Here's more info about OHSS: theduff.co.uk/ovarian-hyper...

Oh good luck maybe also try a hot water bottle? X

1 like

I love hot water bottles! I go to be with one pretty much every night, even in this nice weather! Xx

You may also like...