First post ! Looking for support

Hi All ,

I'm a newbie and I've finally plucked up the courage to post after a major meltdown this morning so hears my story.

Me 43 OH 36 TTC 10Yrs 6 Previous private IVF cycles in the uk each time BFN

Made the decision to use a donor with a clinic in Czech Republic. We are due to fly this Monday , ready for OH sample and DN egg collection due Wednesday and transfer booked 5 days after.

But this morning I realised instead of taking Estrofem I have been taking Utrogestan pills.....which I'm not due to take until after transfer. I don't know how I could of been so stupid I've been so careful and organised its a major major mistake we have our own business which is going through a very difficult period which makes the situation all the more stressful. I took along the boxes and instructions to my acupuncturist which is why I think the packets were loose with all my other tablets and just well..... Im also due to have my first scan on Saturday.

I called the clinic straight away I have two options one get a replacement date for transfer but not sure how long the wait will be for a new donor or continue with OH sperm collection this week and do a frozen embryo transfer after next period for a frozen transfer.

I really don't know what the best option is to do ?

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you xx

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh dear - you poor thing. It’s so difficult getting everything right. It’s your decision but I think I’d go for the frozen cycle. Much easier than finding a new donor. Hope it all goes well whatever you decide to do xxx

  • I would go for a frozen cycle.. but you know better about your situation.. ☺

  • I’d do the same - frozen cycle. We’ve had a bfp from our frozen cycle after an unsuccessful fresh one. Good luck whatever you decide. Don’t blame yourself - there’s so much to remember xx

  • Hey I'm just back from going abroad for a DE cycle. We had hoped to do a fresh transfer whilst over there but my lining wasn't as thick as they like for transfer so hubby gave sample and we had to freeze our embryos. I think going by my experience I would go over and freeze the embryos to do a frozen transfer shortly after. I'm back on meds and hope to go back at th end of this month for transfer. Good luck with what you decide xx

You may also like...