Hi everyone, well today I've had my IUI cycle abandoned after my 10th-day ultrasound (2nd round of IUI). Had 3 follicles; 2 of 16 mm and 1 of 20 mm after taking clomid 50, apparently too risky for IUI! Is there anyway that we can change their mind to continue with the cycle? Like signing a form to say we are happy to do so? I was also advised not to BD without protection. What does everyone think? Forgot to mention I am 37, unexplained fertility and have been TTCing for more that 1 year.
Abandoned IUI: Hi everyone, well today... - Fertility Network UK
Hey Hun that's odd that your clinic cancelled, on my IUI I had 5 follicule and 2 were 18,22 and the left ovary had smaller ones. Maybe try speaking to the clinic again xx
Thank you, will do. Does it depend on the hospital and where it situated? I live in Leicestershire. Will definitely speak to the clinic, thanks again.
I think it just depends on the hospital. They may have cancelled due to you making too make follicue so they are worried about multiple births. X
Hiya, I'm leicestershire as well, had my first iui Monday.. they mentioned to me they wouldn't continue if more than 2 as well.. so not sure whether they will agree to you continuing xx definitely worth asking again though just in case
Hey, checked with the clinic again. There is noway I can continue with this cycle with 3 follicles. Next time no clomid, only natural IUI for us. Is yours Leicester Infirmary as well? Good luck with your cycle; please do update me x
Yes mine is Leicester infirmary too.. just on the dreaded wait at the moment. I don't feel any difference though so not feeling very positive :s I'm sure once your not on the chlomid you'll be fine for next month, it's so annoying having to delay it though:(will keep you updated and let me know how you get on too xx
Keepin figers cossed for you Have you done blood test by the way? The one you need to do 1 week after IUI? I`m still waiting for my ovulation, checking 2 times a day ... Let`s see x
I think it's standard but 3 isn't that many! Even if they don't continue with this cycle I'd not use protection this month and keep my fingers crossed.
Personally I would risk it and baby dance-the chances of all the eggs being fertilised are pretty slim. And by having more eggs may give you a better chance of getting pregnant.
I have taken clomid 100mg four cycles and we know there is a big risk of me releasing more than egg-we have been happy to take the risk and have said we will have whatever we are meant to have. Sadly no pregnancy still.
I have been told to stop treatment as I had a bad reaction on my 4th cycle of clomid long story and I have a cyst-waiting to hear from consultant to see if I can start again next month. Ekk.
Ultimately it's your call. You must do what is right for you. No one can make that choice.
I wish you the best with whatever decision you make.