Where to apply for surrogacy??

Hello to every brave lady here! It’s high time to let my emotions burst out, as I’m feeling so miserable and helpless!

I’m like a bunch of every smallest trouble and severe complications! This all gets on me very much leaving too little hope for success.

Beg your pardon for my nagging beforehand but I do feel you’ll understand me. I’m in great need of every soothing word…

Briefly about what’s going on.. I’m 37, my husband is 40. We became a happy couple not so long ago. This is the first year we’re considering the options allowing us to become parents.

The point is that I’m entitled to surrogacy. You know it may be appropriate if you have a medical condition that makes it impossible or dangerous to get pregnant and to give birth.

In my case this is all in one. I’m facing malformation of the womb from the birth supplemented with a heart disease causing high blood pressure. Before knowing the smallest details of my weak points we made a try having applied one day for IVF procedure. We passed two cycles and both of them ended with implantation failures. After that I just gave up and didn’t want those things to continue. And was so mistaken! I realized we cannot be happy living on our own and not having children!

I blame myself for loosing precious time. Now we’re looking for successful surrogacy stories, any kind of experience you’ve been through, just anything that will help to make a right decision. Put great hope on you, lovely ladies not standing apart of a stranger’s grief.

May God bless us on this painful path xx

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Serrine. A good idea might be to start by looking at surogacyuk.org an organisation that was formed to support and inform anyone with an interest in surrogacy in the UK. I really wish you both well with this and hope that you have the family you so want. Diane

• Hello! I’d like to share my story. What if it may comfort you a little bit..

I was 17 when I learned I was born without a womb. I know this sounds unnatural but still this happens. They told me it would bring me a lot of problems in future, but I was too far from that sort of things.

After studying at the university I met a wonderful man. When Rob and I got together, I told him about my problem straight away. To my surprise he didn’t abandon the idea of our being together and soon made a proposal.

Four years ago we began looking at options. One was surrogacy, but joining an agency cost a huge sum of money plus expenses was the way beyond our budget. So we began to look for the abroad surrogacy options considering it to be cheaper at last. From then on, it all moved very quickly. All in all we made our choice in favor of biotexcom, which is in Ukraine. After some time an embryo created with my egg and Rob's sperm was implanted in our surrogate in the summer of 2013. Our surrogate was very sick for the first few months and we felt awful about that, but she never complained.

Laria was born weighing 8lb 12oz by planned Caesarean on March 17, 2014, with me at surrogate's side in the operating room.

• So happy for you, JustKnewIt!

It's just the kind of the story we need now. Your having no womb at all was rather surprising for me. I mean I haven't heard about such diagnose before though being 37 yo. I just wanna make head or tail of the surrogacy programme you applied for. What was its procedure in that center? And what we should pay attention for from the very beginning?

• A good friend of mine had a baby with a surrogate who she met through surrogacy uk- and she's now heavily involved with the charity. Her experience was long and expensive but amazing and ultimately very positive, and she has an incredible relationship with her surrogate. And her son is gorgeous. Maybe get in touch with them for some advice.

• I'll be pleased to help you, dear Serrine! And no question is prohibited for you)

So the very first thing is that a couple must be officially married in time the first appointment is conducted. I had to show the papers proving that I couldn’t get pregnant. Then we flew to Ukraine, where were met and offered the hotel for the clinic’s expense. The next morning we were driven to the clinic where all the necessary testing was done. That day we also visited our doctor. And no language barrier as an interpreter was by our side every minute. So we had a great chance to clarify every single question.

After that all the papers were signed and the first sum or money was given. The second appointment was conducted in order to get sperm and retrieve eggs. We used my own eggs. That day my eggs were fertilized with my husband’s sperm. On the fifth day after that the embryo was transferred to surrogate mother. And here it was very important that the surrogate had no biological relation to our baby, which was for us a real fresh breath in. You know, traditional surrogacy is banned in Ukraine.

Then we had a two week wait for the pregnancy test. Thanks to God it was positive and our surrogate had the first scan approximately in a month. That was our first time we saw her real) After that every month our surrogate was to come for being scanned. And we received every single photo and video from the procedure with translation. On week 32-34 our surrogate came to Kiev and we waited for the childbirth at the place. Our Laria was born by planned Caesarean, so we had to stay longer than three days in the clinic. Then the surrogate signed the papers of her baby refusal and the deal was almost done. After all the papers in the embassy were ready we flew home))

• Thanks a lot for that long detailed post you dedicated to my problem! May God bless you for help. Still if you don't mind I have some questions left. You know this concerns the financial side of the coin. It applying for surrogacy in biotexcom are we to pay all the sum of money from the very beginning or it can be done partly? If there is the option of giving it in specific terms than what are they? Again great thanks in advance X

• Hi! Sorry for the late reply.

No, the sum of money is divided into 5. The 1st one is paid after signing the papers. The 2nd - when wife's eggs are fertilized with husband's sperm. 3rd is paid after 12 weeks of pregnancy when it is confirmed. This may be done after the 1st scan the surrogate mother does. 4th - when you take the child from maternity home. And the last 5th one at the time of the visit to the embassy.

• Hello dear Serrine

I'm absolutely happy woman now, but only 6 years ago I was on the verge of suicide. Me and hubby been together from school I still remember his silly curly hair which he hated and I adore from the moment I saw him first. We start trying for the baby just a year after wedding, we was young and full of hopes. Than all this hell start I got pregnant and miscarriage on 9 week. Women here know this feeling of horrible pain inside. But we try again and again same story (miscarriage - 12 week). Totally I had 4 miscarriages. Doctors was telling me about immune issue but all I could think is that I don't deserve to have a child. Exact this time my lovely husband was diagnosed with kidney cancer and i lost last hope and will to live. I didn't give up only because I had to look after husband, so together we fight with his disease and my depression. That time I met a lady who had all her kids (3)by surrogate mother. It was a breath of fresh air for me, I told to hb about this and we decide to go for it. I can say it was spontaneous decision which I never reared after. We went to Ukrainian clinic BioTexcom and bring back gorgeous twins (Noah and Lily). They are the most precious for me in the hole world. I'm so thankful to our surrogate mother for bringing me back to life. She have her own child (this is a condition to the woman in ukraine who want to become a surrogate mother). The clinic we use had contract which covers you from loosing your money.

I want to say to every surrogate mother here I'm so proud of you of what you doing for the infertility couples !

We are planing to come back to ukraine for another baby. Wish us a good luck

• its always so sad to read about any kind of infertility that we women have to face.

But you are still young and very brave. im considering surrogacy myself. im 47 in second relationship I have 12 year old son but want to have more children. 

i wish u all the best sweet xx

• Loosing our precious time was my major mistake as well. my dh and i enjoyed childless life for many years. we thought we're not ready yet, always postponing, enjoying, travelling, making careers. when we finally decided, it was probably too late. nothing worked for us ttc naturally :(

• This is the problem of modern days couples I have been seeing everywhere basically. Even though I love kids and will be so happy when I have one, I can understand why some of us refuse to give birth and choose the childfree life. There are too many good things in this world that parents can't get to enjoy because they have this huge responsibility on their shoulders.

I hope that you have managed to make your dreams come true!

• We're also going to use services of surrogate mother. Nowadays it's not smth strange or unknown. I think it's great chance for such couples as us, who want to have children. Unfortunately Ukrainian Biotexcom didn't match our expectations. We were really into Ukraine and this clinic seemed the best variant for us. Everything seemed perfect till we entered the clinic. After everything I saw I've got an impression that this clinic is absolutely unprofessional and employees have no idea how to organize everything right. There were too many people for such amount of doctors they have. Lines were so long we should stand there for hours. I think professional clinic would never take such amount of patients. That's why we continue our search.

• You have chosen biotex because of what? I think even if you have experienced huge lines and your waiting time was big also, I think that refusing to even try the provided tx was the mistake. I think that you were there in the wrong time, because although there were some lines I was totally satisfied of my first appt in biotex. You may continue your search but how can you be so sure that in another clinic won't be a lot of people and their tx will suit you?

for me lots of couples getting the tx in clinic says a lot about the clinic, it means that those people are okay with the tx and that the clinic is really popular and indeed the tx provided over there is high quality. That's why a lot of people write in the forums about it and as many people actually fly to Ukraine..

maybe it was just your impression...

• i'm a bit confused by this comment. i don't know what you mean 'they didn't match your expectations'

they really have A LOT of clients there, but i think it shows that they do their job perfectly well. that's why so many IPs choose them. For us, for axample, it worked from the first attempt!

You may also like...