Surrogacy: Georgia or Ukraine?

Hello sweeties!

I’m new here but hope to get your support. I’m 40 and you can call me Lorenza. My story began 5 years ago when I was giving a birth to my only child and uterine rupture has occurred during a labor. Fortunately, my son and I were alright but I can’t bear one more child.

Now I’m sure I want a daughter…I was looking for different clinics and agencies, which can find surrogate mothers, but there are plenty of them. In my country such procedures are not allowed, thus I need to look for surrogacy abroad. Ladies share your experience, please! Which country to choose, which clinic? I will be appreciating for every piece of information especially about Georgian and Ukrainian clinics. Another thing I’d like to know - is there an opportunity to choose a surrogate mother? Of course, I know that her features are not important as she is just a ‘temporary residence’ of a future child, but still I want her to be kind and nice woman...What if she take part in such programs just because of lack of money. I don’t want my child to be just an expensive service. You see?

As I’m a newbie in such things your answers would be very very useful for me.

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • 100% go for Ukraine! I had FET in biotexcom that is located in Ukraine. Everything went very well, they got 3 eggs transferred and all that resulted in my little girl Annie, she is 2.6 y\o now and i'm so happy!!! At time we were there we were greeted by very polite and respective staff, and we were given personal translator, this is like five-star service. I would give that clinic 4\5, only because we needed translator to communicate.

• Thanks for your reply!

It's very important to me, I want to chose the best in order to have a baby. More and more people are getting their happiness there, in biotex. That number of positive reviews couldn't be by accident, right?

• Hi Serlorera. We can't recommend clinics, but if you have a look at our website fertilitynetworkuk.org we do have some factsheets that cover treatment abroad, and the things you should be looking out for. Good luck with it all. Diane

• I recommend Ukraine too, many couples decide to go their for surrogacy because the laws are so clear on who have parental rights over the child. There a many clinics available and most will probably mention one in particular.

I suggest you go to ilaya, they have years of experience in medicine(not only fertility) and you won't have to wait in lines for a long time to be seen!

• Thank you!! Yeah, me too. After some careful consideration I decided to find a surrogacy program in Ukraine. But still can't chose a clinic. Could you share your experience there? I'm interested in conditions, med staf qualification and so on? How much did you spend on meds and all that things.

• There's not much to share really, they handle the whole process for you so you don't have to worry too much about everything.

All medication and medical care falls under the package that they provide so you are not met with an unexpected bill at the end.

The staff are very professional and are always willing to work with you if you have any doubts or requests

Hope this helps x

• haha it looks like in this case if you have lots of things to mention it doesn't mean theese are good things.

If you have nothing to worry about is the best description of a clinic I guess. Thaks, it's really helpful x

• Hello Lorenza! I had surrogacy last year so I'll try to help as much as I can) First of all pay attention to legislation. All depends on legislation of the country and how it regulates surrogacy. For example, we were choosing between Russia and Ukraine to go for surrogacy program. Russian legislation is not very inclined for infertile couples. They have a law which gives all rights for child to surrogate mother. So she can leave a baby if she wants to. I don't know what intended parents should do in such case... I think it's almost impossible to prove that this baby genetically related with you, that it's yours. DNA test should be done, but only mother of a child can permit (or forbid) to do it. Since sm is an actual mother of a baby, only she can give such permission. That's really confusing... We didn't want to risk, so chose Ukraine, which doesn't have this law.

We had surrogacy in Ukrainian clinic biotexcom. It's well-known clinic nowadays. It's becoming popular with each year. This clinic has high rates of successful treatments. That's why people go there from all over the world. I should say that neither our program coordinator, nor our doctor made us to wait for too long. When we contacted the clinic for the first time, response was fast, answers to our questions were clear and we got all info we needed. In 2,5 months after our first visit our program coordinator contacted us and told us that they found surrogate mother for us. We didn't choose sm because the only thing which matters is her health.

I liked that our clinic had fixed price for the procedure. We chose vip package for €49 900. There were also packages for lower prices. So we paid this only amount for everything. We were never asked to pay more. And also the sum was divided into 5 parts so we didn't have to pay the whole amount at once.

Yes, the whole process can seem so daunting and overwhelming! What helped me was to start a notebook with my research and next steps. I love checklists! Once you get more familiar with the process, you’ll be able to break it down into more attainable steps. I promise it will all seem so much clear. You’re already doing a great job by getting out there and asking questions to get started. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask)

• Wow! thank you for such detailed reply!! I also heard about Russian clinics but when I was looking for information on their legislation, I found out that they don't have 'traditional' surrogacy, i mean from 2012 it's not allowed to use surrogate mother's eggs, so actually she can't be a biological mother. Only in case if she is your relative, then it's most likely to be IVF for her than surrogacy.

Anyways, I've got many positive reviews on Ukrainian clinic biotexcom and i decided to contact them. I did this about 3 weeks ago, and i got their response almost immediately, and now i'm in!! I sent my papers and all the needed information and they told me it's OK, and now I'm waiting for any appropriate surrogate mother to be ready to start. I'm so so so excited!!! I also chose vip contract btw...I thought all this stuff is much more expensive and 50k is not cheap but they have such good conditions...

From your reply I see you have good impressions, right? But tell me about the other side, maybe there was something unpleasant while your staying there? or something wrong with SM? I need any detailes of that kind till it's not to late. Thank you!

• You're welcome) My congratulations! I wish you to have a great journey! You're right. Vip is a good package with very useful services. We were really glad we chose it. I read some comments of other girls who addressed to biotexcom. The most common problem is long lines and huge amount of people. Actually we've also faced this during our visits to the clinic. I definitely can't tell there were some terrifying falls or inconveniences. Nothing we noticed so nothing significant. We were constantly receiving info about or sm from our manager. We were told that sm will be chosen very carefully. Also we liked the fact that every single condition was mentioned in the contract. I hope you'll update us with good news soon) Good luck xx

You may also like...