Fertility Network UK

How do I access NHS fertility counselling services in Manchester?

My wife and I are well down the road of IVF treatment. She suffered aggressive OHSS during first egg collection and as such were told to sit on our hands for 3 months (embryos frozen).

This period is taking its toll and she's keen to speak with one of the counsellors at St Mary's in Manchester. I can get through to the right department (0161 276 6800) on the phone but only get an answering machine. I have left 4 voice mails over the last 3 weeks with no response, that in itself is exacerbating the situation.

Does anyone have an email or an alternative number for the counselling service at St Mary's?

Many thanks.

3 Replies

Hi lotus82. I can imagine how frustrating this can be for you. It could be that the counsellor is on some Annual Leave at the moment - I don’t know. However, I would try contacting the clinic direct and see if they can come up with a solution. Alternatively, you might like to access an Infertility Counsellor via “The British Infertility Counselling Association” website bica.net Hope this helps and that your wife is recovering well from her OHSS ordeal. Diane


Many thanks Diane. I shall have a look at The British Infertility Counselling Association and see what I can find out.

The OHSS was a terrible thing to go through, however, the upside is that we have 7 fertilised embryos on ice and ready to go.



Good luck and lovely news about all those embies! Diane


You may also like...