I saw a consultant in September for a diagnostic laparoscopy and coil insertion. However, because I work in the hospital I opted to have it done somewhere different.
3 months later I was accepted at another hospital by a consultant who agreed to do the lap. Which is due on Friday.
However, I’ve had a call this morning saying the consultant no longer wants to do the lap. Will still insert the coil under G/A (I find examinations excruciating) but will maybe do the lap in 6 months time. She wants to see if the coil helps my symptoms.
I am gutted and feel so disappointed. All I want is a diagnosis. I’ve been on so many methods of contraceptives and hormones I don’t know how changing will help my symptoms. Started off on the pill, been on so many types now the Depo. It’s so frustrating I feel like I just going back a step. All I want is a diagnosis. I want to know if it’s Gynae or not. If it’s endo or not.
Why are people making it so difficult?
Are you able to engage in communication with them and discuss it? It’s all very well her saying she wants to wait but it’s your body how about what you want.
Think it’s sadly too late now. I have no way to contact only on the day.
sorry to hear that. To comment on a few points made here. Scans can often help and show a great deal … sometimes not. The only way you’ll now 100% is with a lap. Secondly I had the coil 10 years ago. Before that I was at rock bottom in every area of my life that had been affected by endo. The coil completely changed my life and it was the best decision I ever made. I say this not because I think your consultant was right to go back on what she agreed, I still feel a lap will give you the full picture, but in my opinion the coil has not masked my symptoms as mentioned by someone else, it has stopped them in their tracks and given me my life back.
Thank you for the positive reply! I’m hoping having the coil put it will help in that way also x