Provera?

I'm just back from my follow-up appointment after having a laparoscopy back in May - I was diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis and it was lasered away. Since then my stomach pain has been getting worse and I am suffering almost every day so I've been recommended to take provera tablets 3 times a day. After reading up about it I'm not 100% and thinking about getting a second opinion. Has anyone else been put on this? If so, what has been your experience with it?

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • What specifically is it that worries you about it?

Our bodies and our Endo are unique to each of us and really the only way to work out if a hormone treatment is right for you is to try it for yourself, they all come with a bunch of side effects unfortunately so it's weighing up which set can you live with balanced against the benefits you get.

• Hi,

I was put on provera when my symptoms returned 3 years after my 1st laparoscopy and just found them a pain to take 3 a day, until I came off them and I realised how horrible I had become. I'm surprised I still had a husband once they wore off. I felt that was the worst part but after all that I still had to have another laparoscopy 2 months later as they made no difference 😂 Couldn't say I hadn't tried it though...

Good luck with your decision x

You may also like...