Pelvic pain after orgasm

Hey ladies !

Just a quick and slightly embarrassing question. I've noticed sometimes when I stimulate my clitoris either during sex or whisky masturbating that during and after it causes pelvic pain - basically the same feeling as period pain and this recent time when I masturbated and then orgasmed it was so severe I felt like I was going to vomit! Anyone else experience this ?

5 Replies

• Hi,

Im going to take an educated guess that this is coming from the uterus first.

The uterus is a muscle that contracts during orgasm,so that wld be my first thought.

My second thought wld be an ovary,if under pressure of some sort,say by compression from something ie a vein can give you referral pain in that area,with sharp pain through the clitorus,either randomly,or during orgasm.

As you describe more pelvic pain i wld go with number one.

Kind regards

• Yes, after I have an orgasm I sometimes have severe endometriosis pain in my abdomen. I asked my OB-GYN about this and her explanation didn't make total sense to me, but she said it could be related to the fact that orgasm involves a lot of different muscles in the pelvic and abdominal area. Some of my organs are connected and in weird positions due to adhesions from endo, and she thought this could be causing unusual stresses on my pelvic floor muscles. Anyway, I don't totally understand it but it certainly does kind of suck! You're not alone in having this.

• Hi Belsy! I have this too and have been frantically searching everywhere on the internet to try and find out why. I saw my gyno today who said they didn't think it was related to any active endometriosis (as I am 3 months post-lap and on zoladex injections). He seemed to think it could be my colon going into spasm and said that it was very common for endo sufferers to have IBS and sensitive digestive organs... does that sound like you?

• The contractions you feel with an orgasm are contractions of the pelvic floor. In fact it's considered a great way of strengthening the muscles! Except perhaps in the case of endo. When you have chronic pelvic pain your pelvic floor will tend to be unnaturally tense - sort of clenched in response to pain. This will apply with period pain hence the similarity of what you are feeling. As your pelvic floor muscles are already likely to be under strain without you necessarily knowing it, the sudden violent contractions of an orgasm will aggravate it.

• Thanks so much for your explanation. I think this is what my doctor was trying to say, but somehow the way you worded it made it clearer to me.

You may also like...